TARGET RED CARDS!!

Former Employee - Cashier in Riverhead, NY
Former Employee - Cashier in Riverhead, NY

I worked at Target part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Pretty laid back work setting (except prime hours), good pay for a summer job, most customers are pleasant, team members are great and fun to work with, supervisors treat you like a human being which is nice.

Cons

Prime hours are a little hectic sometimes, WAY too much emphasis on the Target RED Card.

Advice to Management

Please consider scaling down the importance of the RED card. While working at Target, it felt like the entire company's success depended on the cashiers convincing people to get a credit/debit card with Target. The pressure of meeting the RED card quota was too much for pay of less than 10 dollars an hour. Keep doing everything else you're doing though because Target is a great place to work!

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. A fast paced work environment

Current Employee - Cashier in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Cashier in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Target part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Focus is on team building as a whole, not on individualism while encouraging good retirment plans and the chain of leadership is well established.

Cons

Hard to navigate telecommuting while changing the way the company does business within the north eastern shore

Advice to Management

Listen to junior staff!

Worked 8 years

I have been working at Target full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Co workers made you feel like coming to work ,employee snacks once in a while hours were generous I was full time then promoted to TL . for me I never had an issue with management nor anything else had a good track record found a better paying job that's why I left who knows maybe the next yeAr they would of canned me

Cons

However I witnessed this company eliminate longevity workers ,TL's in particular. One by one management will find any excuse to write TL's up with to get rid of them...the littlest dumbest things that these 8-10 + year TL' do great in. Who knows the reason of it....it can be they are making to much or new management comes in an dislikes them, who knows!! All I know is watch out when working here they don't want long term Team leads and you better be in bed or brown nose the STL or ETL's really good.

Advice to Management

Stop picking favorites it ruins overall job moral