Target

www.target.com
There are newer employer reviews for Target

A Good place to work!

I have been working at Target

Pros

Great work/life balance and team!

Cons

Hard to move from stores to HQ

9636 Other Employee Reviews for Target (View Most Recent)

Great

I worked at Target

Pros

The team is the most rewarding thing about working for Target.

Cons

Lots of changes to processes to keep up with retail market.

None

A great place to work, in which opportunity abounds.

Current Employee - Hardlines Team Member in Sierra Vista, AZ
    Current Employee - Hardlines Team Member in Sierra Vista, AZ

I have been working at Target part-time (less than a year)

Pros

Management is genuinely considerate of employee needs and our current HR manager regularely has conversation with each employee attempting to make sure everyone's opinion is heard. Our store operator has had a long tenure at our location and is involved in every aspect of store operations, but she helps anywhere there is a need. The LOD's are all extremely helpful and involved in employee tasks, and they are always there to answer questions if need be. As for myself and my fellow hard lines members, the majority of us feel that we are part of a dynamic culture in which we see a future and the possibility of progression in our positions. If you, like myself, are looking for steady work experience through college, this is the place for you, if you are lucky enough to receive an offer of employment at this particular store.

Cons

Upon being brought on board, the chance for new employees to learn much about particular products is not included with the VERY BRIEF training we receive. We mostly have to learn as we go, which can be an annoyance to the guests when they encounter inexperienced employees struggling to find an answer to their questions.

While a challenging work environment is invigorating, one in which you cannot always give your guests the time required to fully educate them about products is at some points deflating. Having the ability to spend more time on guest guidance would give the guests a better experience and allow for employees to have less pressure set upon them. How exactly this would be possible I am not sure, either through extra day-time employment or by other means.

All the management I have worked with at this store are very encouraging and always helpful, keep up the enthusiastic standard you hold us all to as well.

There are newer employer reviews for Target