Target

www.target.com

good job, sometimes exhausting

Pros

great coworkers, nice environment. I loved shopping at target,so was excited to work there. I found that although it was often tiring to do long hours on my feet, I enjoyed being in target and browsing.

Cons

lower pay, management distant. I also found that I was around the products so much that I was spending much of my paycheck at the store- a problem Ive had in many retail jobs where Ive been a fan of the products.

be more involved

Other reviews for Target

opportunities abound, but not in the way you think

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Minneapolis, MN
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Pros

mobility within the company to grow business acumen and career development are highly encouraged. young and idealistic attitudes contribute to an upbeat vibe.

Cons

culture has become a clinic in style over substance. too many thought leaders with not enough forethought. realism (i.e., anything without a positive spin) is met with distain and a "no-no" finger wag.

Really going downhill

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Minneapolis, MN
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Pros

OK benefits, corporate perks (free music concerts, etc), employee discount, decent salary for HQ positions, convenient to bus lines and other transportation

Cons

not family friendly, high expectations of employees, benefits could be greater, horrid corporate culture, until recently, required business dress even when it wasn't appropriate, VERY difficult to get promoted

Start valuing people who actually do something other than marketing or merchandising. It's important that you have

There are newer employer reviews for Target.

Worked for Target? Contribute to the Community!