Target

www.target.com
  www.target.com
There are newer employer reviews for Target

A great place to have a long career -- lots of opportunity to advance if you are willing to get out of your comfort zone

Current Employee - Group Manager in Minneapolis, MN
Current Employee - Group Manager in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Target full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Lots of room for growth in your career, if you are willing to work for it.

Cons

I am completely satisfied with my career at Target - it may not be the right fit for everyone, but I feel I really belong here.

Stay the course - you have a solid plan.

9011 Other Employee Reviews for Target (View Most Recent)

there is no pros in working in target

I have been working at Target part-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

there is no pros in working in target

Cons

i see a lot of positive reviews and propaganda from the company's PR here lately. don't believe in any of them.

Don't know why all the positive reviews... Open your eyes people!

Current Employee - Team Member in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Team Member in New York, NY

I have been working at Target full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Great co-workers.. You do have great co workers at Target. They are generally very nice and lots of fun. That's it.

Cons

Everything else. I've been at Target for 10 years so I know very well the awful things they do to people- like:promising pay and promotions to new hires they will never get (I have personally seen this happen many times-before I stopped drinking the target kool-aid I assumed the new hires simply misunderstood- I was wrong!). Giving 2 cent raises to people that have given years of their life to this company (yes I said TWO CENTS). Every team lead votes on your personal performance review even if they never work with you. If they do not like you they will do everything they can to force you to quit (giving you unfavorable positions/job duties) and writing you up for every last thing. Execs can be very buddy buddy with some team leads and team members and therefore gossipy and unprofessional. If they like you they will schedule 40 day time hours if not you will get 5 nighttime hours on a Saturday. UPPER MANAGEMENT DOES NOT CARE ABOUT YOU. CORPORATE DOES NOT CARE ABOUT YOU. They hold an "everyone is replaceable" attitude. Team leads might care about you... But often hold little power to help you out.

This is coming from someone who has been well liked at this company for ten years and worked at several stores. I wish someone in this company was smart enough to unionize Target (despite Target's anti union videos and campaigning). If I was planning on being here any longer I would attempt it myself, but I now have my degree and can get out of this hell hole.

Please don't believe these other reviews.. They have not worked here long enough to see the light.

If you want your employees to do more- pay them more. You get what you pay for. $10 an hour doesn't buy you much- you should be aware of that because you seem to think it buys you a whole lot. The bare minimum you could do is put enough cashiers on so that your sales floor team members don't have to go running up there every five minutes. This is ridiculous.

There are newer employer reviews for Target