There are newer employer reviews for Target

Deli team member

Current Employee - Deli Team Member  in  Coral Springs, FL
Current Employee - Deli Team Member in Coral Springs, FL

I have been working at Target part-time for less than a year

Pros

Autonomy (self-directed), goal-oriented (each shift responsible for its own work and handoff to next shift)

Cons

Poor performance not dealt with timely, making shift more difficult than necessary for those who are performing

Be clear on shift responsibilities, direct supervision of deli team rather than sharing a team lead with other work areas

8247 Other Employee Reviews for Target (View Most Recent)

Get passed the bottom managers!!!

Current Employee - Cashier  in  Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Cashier in Austin, TX

I have been working at Target part-time for less than a year

Pros

The higher level managers are friendly and always willing to help you. They are VERY flexible with your availability and time off. There is always a sense of fun and light hardheartedness.

Cons

A few of the lower managers complain about everything and they are always blaming someone else. There is no training when you get hired onto, you just read a packet and then start working. I don't believe the lower managers get any training in team leadership or conflict resolution.

Okay, but not a career job.

Current Employee - Anonymous  in  Glendale Heights, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous in Glendale Heights, IL

I have been working at Target full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I've met some pretty great people, both co workers and guests. Extremely flexible with one's schedule, helped out a lot while I was in college.

Cons

Management doesn't really take a huge interest in people who are wanting to move up the ranks. They'll give you as much work as the level above you, but not promote you.

Actually take an interest in the people that would like to move up and grow with the company.

There are newer employer reviews for Target

Worked for Target? Contribute to the Community!