Target

There are newer employer reviews for Target

Deli team member

Current Employee - Deli Team Member in Coral Springs, FL
Current Employee - Deli Team Member in Coral Springs, FL

I have been working at Target part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Autonomy (self-directed), goal-oriented (each shift responsible for its own work and handoff to next shift)

Cons

Poor performance not dealt with timely, making shift more difficult than necessary for those who are performing

Be clear on shift responsibilities, direct supervision of deli team rather than sharing a team lead with other work areas

9000 Other Employee Reviews for Target (View Most Recent)

Get passed the bottom managers!!!

Current Employee - Cashier in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Cashier in Austin, TX

I have been working at Target part-time (less than an year)

Pros

The higher level managers are friendly and always willing to help you. They are VERY flexible with your availability and time off. There is always a sense of fun and light hardheartedness.

Cons

A few of the lower managers complain about everything and they are always blaming someone else. There is no training when you get hired onto, you just read a packet and then start working. I don't believe the lower managers get any training in team leadership or conflict resolution.

Good team and guests, poor management and incentive system.

Current Employee - Perishables Assistant in Valparaiso, IN
    Current Employee - Perishables Assistant in Valparaiso, IN

I have been working at Target full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Fun casual place to work. They actually offer a good amount of discounts on all types of things through my benefits. Easy to move up... to a fault.

Cons

They do not promote to executive management from within. I've heard mutters of 80% of their new executives they like to be recent college grads and that explains why are executives are always at career fairs when they have a big pool of college educated hourly management in the store. It can also be very political. The pay is not very good for someone in hourly management or a team member. I think they need to take a page from Costco, Hobby Lobby, Whole Foods, and Trader Joe's especially when everybody in the store knows what the Executive Team Leaders are Making.

Spread the wealth a little better. Help some within the company to get promoted.

There are newer employer reviews for Target