Target

www.target.com

Target is a good company with clear vision. Struggling right now but will land on its feet

Current Employee - Anonymous
Current Employee - Anonymous

Pros

Good reputation, salary is competitive to above for other retailers. Retail model of expect more pay less is sound for today and the future

Cons

There are lots of processes to keep the boat going the same direction. Lots of meetings that sometimes make it hard to stay productive

Share more strategy and design direction

Other reviews for Target

great working environment

Pros

I feel that training and development are strong aspects of working here.

Cons

Sometimes staffing can be a problem but overall Target does a good job of allocating resources efficiently.

My advice would be to continue to foster a culture that embraces quality brands and products for consumers.

Overall A Good Company to Work for as a Part-Time Employee in College

Former Employee - Cafe Team Member - Food Service  in  Davenport, IA
    Former Employee - Cafe Team Member - Food Service in Davenport, IA

Pros

-Pays well, they even gave me a raise when I was working there because they did a survey of what other employers in the area paid, and gave people raises because of it
    -They are very accustomed to working around a student's strange and changing schedule.
    -The employee discount
    -Mandatory breaks that they were very serious about enforcing.
    -The management at the store I worked at was really great, open to suggestions, patient if you were learning a new process, and were a great resource when dealing with a customer who was not satisfied with their order ( I worked in the Bakery and if a cake that someone ordered was not exactly what they were expecting, they could be understandably irate, and when they didn't want to talk to a lowly team member, the LOD was always good about coming over and handling the situation)
    -The people I worked with were all good at their job, really nice and positive, and even though they were a lot of high school kids ( I was in my early twenties when I worked there) they were, except for the rare one or two people, all really responsible and good at their job.

Cons

-The nature of working at a place like Target is that sometimes their will be team members that don't take showing up on time or at all seriously, but those people are weeded out pretty quickly by the management.
    -Mandatory to work the day after Thanksgiving, at least it was when I was there, and I was not there when they enacted the crazy open on Thanksgiving Day hours, so working a shift on those days would be a definite bummer, but because everyone has to work that day, they seemed to have enough staff on those busy days.
    -Working in the bakery, you will have to work with some chemicals, as you wash different things. I have randomly sensitive skin, and I had no problems at all, but it's something to consider.

Honestly I can't think of a glaring example of how the management could improve.

There are newer employer reviews for Target.

Worked for Target? Contribute to the Community!