Target

www.target.com

Hope you don't have any plans for the future

Pros10% employee discount? Free PB&Js in the break room?
I guess for the college kids that get recruited straight to ETL positions this is a promising first job out of school... as long as they don't mind being indoctrinated in the methods of stepping on the backs of their working staff.

ConsThey tell me "this is retail" but who benefits from different days every week and different hours every day? You never know your schedule more than 10 days in advance so you can't make any plans for your life outside of work. All of this for what pays barely over minimum wage and your hours can get cut to almost nothing without notice. Talked to a guy today that was only scheduled for 7 hrs this week!! Ouch!!
Virtually no room for advancement. Know people with the company 6,7,8 yrs who have taken their one step up the ladder and that's as far as they will go because of Target's college degree prerequisite to ETL.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat people with a little more respect. How about acting like your "team" members are at least as important as you pretend your "guests" are to you.

Overworked, unappreciated, and underpaid.

Market Team Member (Former Employee)

I worked at Target part-time for less than a year

Pros: Some nice co-workers and good amount of breaks. Cons: You're never appreciated for the work you do. If you work in the Market sections, you usually work the entire section by yourself and there… Advice to Senior Management: Treat your employees better. Better pay, better employee discount, better… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Horrible

Softlines Team Member (Current Employee) New York, NY

I have been working at Target part-time for less than a year

Pros: Crosstraining, crosstraining, cross training…that's it Cons: Overworked, underpaid, undervalued, no communication Advice to Senior Management: Hope Target goes bankrupt No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Target.

Worked for Target? Contribute to the Community!