Great distribution center

Current Employee - Warehouse Worker in Madison, AL
Current Employee - Warehouse Worker in Madison, AL

I have been working at Target full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great place to work and learn about all aspects of distribution. Will help you grow as long as you have a degree.

Cons

Can't move hirer than a trainer in distribution unless you have a four year degree, really discourages those who care about their job and what they do especially when a recent college grad comes in to tell someone that has been doing a job for 5+ years how things should work.

Advice to Management

Be more proactive in finding ways to recognize hard workers if they can not move up in the company or create a slightly different pay scale to award trainers and workers who wish to learn, rather than all workers making same pay regardless of trainer, ERT, or regular worker.

Other Employee Reviews for Target

1. It was a great college Job

Former Employee - Food Service Assistant in Flowood, MS
    Former Employee - Food Service Assistant in Flowood, MS

I worked at Target full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

They worked well with my school schedule, and gave the hours I needed. They were also very good with necessary leaves of absences.

Cons

Very little training, understaffed. Yearly reviews and compensation did not match the effort that I put into the job. Very little incentive for the department to do well.

Advice to Management

Spend time investing in Team Leaders, and ensuring they have the people to get stuff done.Also, share your vision with Team members for motivation.

2. I have grown and developed my leadership and people skills here more than I ever imagined possible.

Pros

Opportunity to advance with promotions and pay The leadership teams, I've worked with some amazing people The constantly changing dynamic allows for a different day every day you go to work

Cons

Work/life balance, it's tough to get it all done in a days work. I often take work home. Even though the pay for managers is good, it pays very little to part time employees, creating a constant turnover/hiring crisis.