Target

There are newer employer reviews for Target

Fast fun friendly

Current Employee - Guest Service Team Member in Tallahassee, FL
Current Employee - Guest Service Team Member in Tallahassee, FL

I have been working at Target part-time

Pros

Discount, flexible hours, cross train easy

Cons

compensation, promotions, strict rules to follow

higher pay.

9257 Other Employee Reviews for Target (View Most Recent)

Mind numbing boredom, however, there are some decent people to work with.

Former Employee - Cashier
    Former Employee - Cashier

I worked at Target part-time (more than an year)

Pros

They really work with your schedule. If you need a weekend day off or want special hours on the weekends, they will work with you. If you can only close during the week, you will not close weekend nights. In comparing to another company I worked for (not Target's direct competitor) I was lucky to even get a weekend day or even night off! I worked nights all the time. That's why I recommend Target if you need a part time job that will work with you on reasonable hours. I wouldn't expect weekends off or no night shifts though. Ask in advance for days off and most likely you will get it.

Most supervisors are nice. The best thing to do is play the game: smile and act happy to be there, even when it's only two hours in a looonng eight hour shift. Things will go easier for you and you might be able to move to a better position.

Cons

Heavy promotion for the Target Card. Working a cashier shift is mind numbing, minutes slowly go by. Store managers can be quite rude to the cashiers and sales floor team members. Dealing with customers can be difficult.

opportunities abound, but not in the way you think

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

I worked at Target full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

mobility within the company to grow business acumen and career development are highly encouraged. young and idealistic attitudes contribute to an upbeat vibe.

Cons

culture has become a clinic in style over substance. too many thought leaders with not enough forethought. realism (i.e., anything without a positive spin) is met with distain and a "no-no" finger wag.

There are newer employer reviews for Target