Great leadership development, but could use more support payroll wise.

Former Employee - Executive Team Leader - GE/Softlines  in  Chicago, IL
Former Employee - Executive Team Leader - GE/Softlines in Chicago, IL

I worked at Target full-time

Pros

They really take an interest in your personal development, developing your business acumen and your leadership style.
I enjoyed rolling out new initiatives in the store, it really aided in my development.
I loved the flexibility to make it right for a guest, made dealing with difficult situations much easier.
My STL really valued work/life balance, which was one of my concerns taking a management role in retail.

Cons

Depending on the size of your store, the amount of payroll to spend could be barely enough to scrape by.
Most of the bad parts of working at Target are the same as any other retail company (angry guests, hectic holidays, working weekends)

Please allocate more payroll dollars to smaller stores, it would improve the brand of the store and keep the Team Members happy.

Other Reviews for Target

Starbucks Barista

Current Employee - Starbucks Barista  in  Azusa, CA
    Current Employee - Starbucks Barista in Azusa, CA

I have been working at Target part-time for less than a year

Pros

Friendly customers and team members. Fast paced and fun. Recommending drinks to customers is fun because they end up loving them and requesting more. Flexible hours, but must work on weekends.

Cons

You are on your own most of the time; this makes weekends difficult. long lines are always present on weekends and sometimes on weekdays since you have to take the orders and make the drinks on your own.

Two Baristas should be present during peak hours, especially on weekends. Any complaints done on the waiting time can be avoided if there are two people working together instead of one.

Depending on your location, Target usually is a great place to start your work experience.

I have been working at Target

Pros

Communication will help you way to enjoy the pros. If you don't put the effort, then you won't enjoy your job.
    Pay is better than Walmart for the most part.
    Most Target stores are safer and not as unreasonable as other retails.
    There are opportunities to rise in ranks, given qualifying and recognized resume.

Cons

Difficulty to rise in rank, due to competition.
    Risk of unfavorable leads or retail.
    May be boring for those seeking more out of their job.
    You must be self-accountable to avoid trouble.

There are newer employer reviews for Target.

Worked for Target? Contribute to the Community!