Target

There are newer employer reviews for Target

Senior team leader

Current Employee - Senior Team Lead
Current Employee - Senior Team Lead

I have been working at Target full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Great company and great best practice

Cons

They don't promote from within. If you have a degree never accept a position lower then salary you will never move up

9618 Other Employee Reviews for Target (View Most Recent)

The grass is greener anywhere else you go...I guarantee it.

Former Employee - Flow Team Member in Pikesville, MD
    Former Employee - Flow Team Member in Pikesville, MD

I worked at Target part-time (more than a year)

Pros

If You're Willing To Play The Game And Deal With The High School Like Environment In Terms Of Management You'll Fit Right In. The team member hot line is your best friend.

Cons

If you dont take sunday off your availability its likely you will be scheduled every weekend while leaders alternate weekends. Turnover rate is high. 5+ different leadership changes in my short tenure. None of which came from within. Warehouse like work for little pay. minimal genuine appreciation. Fueled on politics/brown nosing/favoritism. Corrupt culture/leaders. "Raises" are insulting. Reviews are suspicious and likely fraudulent/dictated by people who aren't supposed to be involved. If you dont know your rights and what you're entitled to your ignorance will be taken advantage of if you're not favored. You are hardly ever an individual. You will often be guilty by association. Executives aren't hands on which I personally believe should align with the duties of being a leader. ETL-HR very judgmental which has a trickle down effect.

Completely overhaul management. Change the leader title to dictator.
    Promote from within.
    Value your employees.
    Eliminate your prejudice antics.
    Scrap the store.

Wish I Wouldn't Have

Current Employee - Shoe Brand in Mansfield, TX
    Current Employee - Shoe Brand in Mansfield, TX

I have been working at Target full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Easy to make friends, some team leads are great, the store team lead is the best manager I've ever worked for in my life

Cons

Hours, most management is based off favoritism, like you're working at a slave camp

Don't make us stay late because we've had a busy night, being at the store at 1-2 AM in ridiculous. Then when we're close on hours, don't get crabby with us when we've had to stay late every night. Higher people that actually care about what they're doing.

There are newer employer reviews for Target