Target

There are newer employer reviews for Target

Work Hard, Get Rewarded-Not for slackers

Former Employee - Team Lead Level III
Former Employee - Team Lead Level III

I worked at Target full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

The hard work can really be worth it. Just keep a positive attitude. They care about training. If you want to move up with the company, you can do so. The benefits were great.

Cons

caution: your store experience will likely be different based on your location
the store manager and how he/she leads truly makes a difference, as well as your District Manager
expect payroll cuts, so you will work hard
this is the norm in any retail environment these days

Get some of your senior executives to work in a store, especially on a Sunday morning.
Sometimes you shoot yourself in the foot by cutting payroll too much. If you had more salesfloor team members, they could assist guests more and increase sales. If not, the endcaps at every store could be full and your instocks levels always top notch. That alone would increase sales and pay for itself.
Also the AP Executive needs to be focused on just Assets Protection in order to keep your shrink low.
Continue to learn the food business. There is too much revenue lost there as well.

9232 Other Employee Reviews for Target (View Most Recent)

Definitely not a bad place to work

Former Employee - Target Cafe Team Member in New Baltimore, MI
    Former Employee - Target Cafe Team Member in New Baltimore, MI

I worked at Target part-time (more than an year)

Pros

The managers at Target were all very approachable, at least at the location I worked at. I feel the managers did listen to the concerns that were brought forth by staff members. I enjoyed the meetings that were held everyday on the floor at 8 AM and also 6 PM. It helped to keep an open dialogue, didn't take up too much time and kept everyone in the loop of what was going on in the store. Target also worked around my schedule which is important when you have kids, another job, or schooling.

Cons

It can be difficult to get enough hours because unless you are full time, you never know what your part time schedule will look like.

Great experience to learn.

I have been working at Target

Pros

Feel appreciated for your hard work. Great experience to learn customer service, sales, merchandising and logistics.

Cons

Leaders with lack of leadership experience, need more development. Team Members are not paid well enough to make a living.

There are newer employer reviews for Target