There are newer employer reviews for Target

A unique culture favoritism and high lower level management turnover.

Current Employee - Warehouse Worker  in  Galesburg, MI
Current Employee - Warehouse Worker in Galesburg, MI

I have been working at Target full-time

Pros

With the lack of any highly paid manufacturing work in the area at the Target D.C. fills that role. Good benefits with 5% 401k matching. Quarterly raises when you start and so far since it's opening 11 years ago annual raises have been given for cost of living increase.

Cons

Unless you have ten plus years of experience plan on working one of three shifts:
A-1: S/U/M 6am-6p
A-2:S/U/M 6p-6a
B-2: T/W/R/F 4p-2a
Training is not merit or performance based but rather based on favoritism it seems
Extremely high management (lower level group leader) turnover
Corrective action write-ups are also based on favoritism it seems where as some can get away with 14+ call ins before punishment others only need 8.

Ask for updates on who top performers in various attributes are and who is getting advanced training in various functions.
Communication between departments should be more open and even having rotating management contributing to start up announcements. This could be an inbound manager(group leader) telling the warehouse workers what they are doing well at as well as areas that they could better support inbound team members.

8247 Other Employee Reviews for Target (View Most Recent)

Its was Alright i like my brother help me get this job I like it until we got a new backroom team member

Former Employee - Overnight Backroom Team Member ?  in  Arlington, VA
    Former Employee - Overnight Backroom Team Member ? in Arlington, VA

I worked at Target full-time for less than a year

Pros

The pay was good 11$ i got a dollar extra because i work overnight and the overtime was good during seasonal i got pay 15$ overtime. And great employes meet a lot of good people And the HR were nice and friendly

Cons

Reason I quit was we got a new team leader for back room she was fine at first then over a couple of week she became disrespectful and was lazy she would help a little then go back being lazy and then start arguing with other team member for dumb reason and stuff the other team member were tired of it they want to quit and the management SUCK!!!! that's another reason i left and i was tired working overnight work like 11 hours shift almost everyday.

Need to listen to the team member the overnight team member are literary the back bone of target and some of the ETL overnight didn't really care much some were alright

Store Facilities Technician

Current Employee - Sft  in  Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Sft in Austin, TX

I have been working at Target full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Great work/life balance. M-F 6A-230P schedule. The SFT position has the freedom to set standards and priorities in the work schedule. The FM team is a great resource for knowledge and encouragement.

Cons

Pay and benefits are lacking. Target has made the list of lowest paid employees for several years. The job performance standard keeps rising, and the pay remains the same. Working under recent college graduates is usually a disaster.

More training for team members on Target's procedures and policies. Time and money is lost due to the lack of knowledge across all levels of management.

There are newer employer reviews for Target

Worked for Target? Contribute to the Community!