Great Development Opportunity, Changing Landscape

Current Employee - Executive Team Leader
Current Employee - Executive Team Leader

I have been working at Target full-time (More than a year)

Pros

While very dependent on your individual STL, can be a wonderful place to work. You get to meet some great people, develop some amazing friendships, and learn to grow as an individual. Will really care about your personal development if you are willing to put in the time and effort. Pay is at, if not above, industry average and executive compensation is reflective of performance and effort. This is a great position and great company to work for if you want to develop and learn to be a leader.

Cons

Especially as of late, company direction has been schizophrenic changing focus and directions frequently. Lack of work life balance makes it tough to start/raise a family, you can sometimes expect a 7-8 day stretch here and there or 60-70+hour weeks when busy. You get what you sign on for in terms of holiday craziness and seasonal fluctuations. Recent position cuts and restructuring has increased our level of stress and reduced our level of service that we can provide to our guests, doing more with less has become the daily struggle in stores. ETLs at times become overpaid team members and no longer leaders due to reduced resources, we have to pick up the slack created by less payroll.

Advice to Management

Give more support and resources to store side and reinvest in providing a brand experience to the guests. Realize that how we beat our competitors is not becoming them but differentiating ourselves as the best retail experience. Invest in our teams and have team members to provide great guest service and flawless instocks, not the 2-3 we have in store based on guest driven scheduling.... The company has lost its identity and sense of direction recently, need to realize that we can win if we spend a little and invest in an amazing experience.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Good job for a student

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Buena Park, CA
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Buena Park, CA

I have been working at Target part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Target has very flexible hours, friendly work environment and for the most part quite organized.

Cons

Pay is very low, even after years of staying with the company and politics among senior management is evident in certain hires or "promotions".

Advice to Management

Maintain professionalism with all team members both on and off the clock.

2. Stocker

Current Employee - Flow Team Member in Kyle, TX
    Current Employee - Flow Team Member in Kyle, TX

I have been working at Target part-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Fun, fast, friendly, and good teamwork and co-worker still help me sometimes. Learn a lot of things from different task workload from truck and pre-stock put into in stock shelves each stockpile.

Cons

Some truck delay until tomorrow morning few times while I still work as part time stocker job since January 2009.

Advice to Management

I want to share more speed, improve, and reduce wrong place to stockpile. Logicistic is very important method to each store every morning.