Target

www.target.com
There are newer employer reviews for Target

If your over 40 don't look to Target for a career.

Current Employee - Logistics Team Member in Denver, CO
Current Employee - Logistics Team Member in Denver, CO

I have been working at Target part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Flexible schedule. Many job options.

Cons

Low pay. Inept team leaders.

Dropping insurance for part time employees makes Target just another company to work at while you're looking for a good job.

9703 Other Employee Reviews for Target (View Most Recent)

If you don't make them money, then you're garbage to them

Current Employee - Sales Attendant, Cart Attendant, Cashier in Sicklerville, NJ
    Current Employee - Sales Attendant, Cart Attendant, Cashier in Sicklerville, NJ

I have been working at Target part-time (more than a year)

Pros

I enjoy some of the people who work with me. A lot of them are nice and easy to be friends with. Starting out, I had some help getting used to my job.

Cons

After about 2 months, they start to disrespect you and talk down to you. I'm currently a cart attendant and I don't feel like part the team. I feel like a piece of meat ready to be thrown to the dogs. I recently called out and was chewed out and yelled out fairly loud over the phone. My family/people around heard and their jaw dropped. They threatened to fire me and ignored what I had to say and immediately assumed I was sick and faking. I wasn't sick. I was broke down elsewhere.

Quit treating cart attendants with such disrespect. We do more work then most employees

My experience at Target was positive for my first job out of college but it was not very rewarding.

Former Employee - Executive Team Leader - Hardlines in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Executive Team Leader - Hardlines in San Diego, CA

I worked at Target full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Some of my favorite things about Target was the starting pay. I also enjoyed the team member interaction as well as the relationships I developed with my peers.

Cons

I did not like the time-off policies during the holidays. Also, it felt like there was favoritism and politics that occurred within the workplace. It did not feel like personal growth was a priority for most Executive Team Leaders.

My advice to management would be to add more creativity to how you recognize your team. I suggest getting to know your team at a deeper level to truly understand what makes them happy, upset, energized etc.

There are newer employer reviews for Target