There are newer employer reviews for Target

If your over 40 don't look to Target for a career.

Current Employee - Logistics Team Member  in  Denver, CO
Current Employee - Logistics Team Member in Denver, CO

I have been working at Target part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Flexible schedule. Many job options.

Cons

Low pay. Inept team leaders.

Dropping insurance for part time employees makes Target just another company to work at while you're looking for a good job.

8288 Other Employee Reviews for Target (View Most Recent)

If you don't make them money, then you're garbage to them

Current Employee - Sales Attendant, Cart Attendant, Cashier  in  Sicklerville, NJ
    Current Employee - Sales Attendant, Cart Attendant, Cashier in Sicklerville, NJ

I have been working at Target part-time for more than a year

Pros

I enjoy some of the people who work with me. A lot of them are nice and easy to be friends with. Starting out, I had some help getting used to my job.

Cons

After about 2 months, they start to disrespect you and talk down to you. I'm currently a cart attendant and I don't feel like part the team. I feel like a piece of meat ready to be thrown to the dogs. I recently called out and was chewed out and yelled out fairly loud over the phone. My family/people around heard and their jaw dropped. They threatened to fire me and ignored what I had to say and immediately assumed I was sick and faking. I wasn't sick. I was broke down elsewhere.

Quit treating cart attendants with such disrespect. We do more work then most employees

Loved my job, my co-workers and the company as a whole.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Las Cruces, NM
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Las Cruces, NM

I worked at Target full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Processes, best practices (when followed), perks, environment, guests, and training all these were wonderful to see work together, you really saw the product of a days work, really appreciated seeing fruits of your labor.

Cons

Depends on the leadership. Really saw change after our third round of executives and store team lead. Processes were not followed, veteran employees exited by all means, semi experienced team members treated well below the respect due to them. Really had a sad past two years saying goodbye to my real leaders, mentors, and peers. All over petty drama, favoritism, and unethical behavior by children in executive positions who normally lasted about 6 months.

You are losing your grip on what used to be a great company to work for. With my past experience in retail Target was by far the most effective, soundly operational of all big box. It was hard to leave the lot that day, but I join my past target greats in saying we don't need you, it was us that built you. When you see it, it will be too late.

There are newer employer reviews for Target

Worked for Target? Contribute to the Community!