Target

www.target.com
Employer Engaged
There are newer employer reviews for Target

Learned a lot about being a leader.

Former Employee - Sales Floor Team Leader
Former Employee - Sales Floor Team Leader

I worked at Target full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Customers, team members and opportunity to learn.

Cons

Down-sizing of leadership. Too many changes that don't support those in stores. Data-breach handled terribly. Stores don't sell anything anymore. (no variety and too much dependency on on-line.

Remember that the company was founded on core values. These should not have to change to be successful. Go back to being the innovator of the industry and maybe give Bob Ulrich a call for ideas.

10103 Other Employee Reviews for Target (View Most Recent)

Group leader

I have been working at Target full-time

Pros

Personal growth and development. Peers were fun and if you like diversity you'd love target. Pay was great would have asked for more had I know the stress level.

Cons

Very stressful!!!!! Long hrs. Training was short and on boarding was rushed. Excepted to catch on and drive results quickly. Team members rule managers had a rough time managing for that reason. FMLA was abused

Great for entry level employees

Former Contractor - Backroom Team Member in New York, NY
    Former Contractor - Backroom Team Member in New York, NY

I worked at Target as a contractor (less than a year)

Pros

They pay above minimum wage which is great for newcomers, I was working the backroom position making 10.50$ an hour which is excellent for someone who has no prior work experience. Flexible scheduling is also one of the good things about working here. Co-workers understanding if you have any trouble doing something they will come to your aid.

Cons

Depressing environment, alot of my co-workers seemed sad working here because there usually is no hope in advancement, on top of that the raise believe is 25 cents every year which is absolutely nothing. The work gets VERY monotonous, stocking shelves, bringing items to the sales floor, pulling CAFS, i also will add that the people in hr seem to gossip with some team leaders, and things like that just lower the morale in the company. They never have enough equipment for everyone, so what happens is people have to wait until someone else is done using their equipment or if someone is clocking out, it was very disorganized. Last but not least i had to find out i wasn't being kept,( i was a seasonal worker and i did a DAMN good job) i had seen that i wasn't scheduled to come into work the coming week and i asked the HR people what that meant... their response? " Oh it's nothing don't worry about it, sometimes that happens" This ends up being my last day as a hiring manager asks to meet upstairs to break the news, i was in shock for a brief period of time but i accepted it. In all honesty i'm glad i don't work there anymore it takes some kind of person to put up with all the garbage and politics that goes on, plus just coming here saps almost all happiness and any kind of positive emotion from you.

Take employee's feelings into consideration we're not just robots, we feel and have things going on, be more organized, AND GET SOME MORE GODDAMN EQUIPMENT SO THAT AT LEAST EVERYONE HAS SOMETHING TO USE.

There are newer employer reviews for Target