There are newer employer reviews for Target

A happy place!

I worked at Target part-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The motto for Team Members is "Fast, Fun, and Friendly". I found the culture to be exactly that. I worked ther for 7 years and found pay to be fair for the work performed. Flexible and fair scheduling. They also understand that your job is not your whole life.

Cons

Advancement oppurtunities were not openly communicated. They seem to keep you where they want you, and promote those they want to promote. Unfortunately I seemed unable to transform my time at Target from part time cashier into a real full time career.

Post advancement oppurtunities in TSC (Team Service Center, aka breakroom), or post where and how internal oppurtunities can be pursued.

8777 Other Employee Reviews for Target (View Most Recent)

Great first job!

Former Employee - Cashier in Pico Rivera, CA
    Former Employee - Cashier in Pico Rivera, CA

I worked at Target part-time (more than an year)

Pros

I made so many friends working at target. Everyone is friendly and it really felt like a team, and for it being my first job I gained some great experience! Everything is structured well, and it keeps the work day running smoothly.

Cons

There's so many policies you need to be aware of, especially as a cashier/guest service. It's easy to make a mistake and unfortunately that is what happened to me and I was let go. :( Also your hours shifted every week, going from high to low for any known reason.

Educate your employees better on the store policies!

Great company, poor leadership

Former Employee - Assets Protection Team Leader in Saint Louis, MO
    Former Employee - Assets Protection Team Leader in Saint Louis, MO

I worked at Target full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Flexible hours, good discount, competitive pay, PTO, very good 401k matching, fun company to work for when there are enough hours to get the work done.

Cons

Not a lot of hours for regular team members, some very poor managers in charge of stores, culture has taken a downturn in the past couple years - not always as fun as it used to be.

Don't try to force savings by cutting hours, the store teams are not able to keep up with all the assigned tasks when they are understaffed. Be more selective when hiring/promoting store team leaders. Keep wages competitive

There are newer employer reviews for Target