Target

www.target.com
There are newer employer reviews for Target

Be flexible to roll with a lot of changes and kill them with kindness.

Current Employee - Starbucks Team Lead in Seattle, WA
Current Employee - Starbucks Team Lead in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Target full-time (more than a year)

Pros

I enjoy all of the training opportunities they offer at Target. Target is big on cross-training their team so the team members can be "global." It's just fancy target lingo for training people so they are easily interchangeable when needed. Part of your development piece as a team lead, you are required to train at a new work center every 14 - 18 months, which opens up a lot of doors. I started as a Guest Service Team Lead and now I am a Starbucks Team Lead, which I love! It's nice that you get to test out the waters with different work centers and challenge yourself in new areas.

Cons

Hours and working weekends & holidays. When the store doesn't make sales goals, the store receives less hours to work with. Then, the whole team suffers. I get it, I work in retail, but I am still and never will be a fan of working weekends & holidays (especially Black Friday). Sure, some holidays are a time and a half pay, but some days, I just want to relax and have some quality time with my family.

Be more hands on and get involved.

9679 Other Employee Reviews for Target (View Most Recent)

Decent

Former Employee - Cashier in San Jose, CA
    Former Employee - Cashier in San Jose, CA

I worked at Target part-time (more than a year)

Pros

Fun staff, positive work environment, and get to meet new people. Also has a fast pasted work environment; and an entry level job for this store is worthwhile. Many benefits and opportunities to move upwards in the team.

Cons

Most of the time if you don't smile or are enthusiastic enough you can't get the job. Must always smile and be happy every day so if your shy and don't like to socialize this may not be the job for you.

Try not to let the age difference get to you because you can still compete with the others.

Good pay. Very high expectations to the point they can be unrealistic.

I have been working at Target

Pros

Decent benefits and friendly coworkers.

Cons

Not enough payroll to complete the workload, yet it has to get done.

Set realistic goals and expectations

There are newer employer reviews for Target