There are newer employer reviews for Target

I loved my internship experience here

Current Employee - Business Analyst Intern in Minneapolis, MN
Current Employee - Business Analyst Intern in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Target as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

Company is a at a turning point where everyone is embracing change, and working towards the overall success of the company! Work-life balance is awesome, they are very open about working from home and also have a great relaxing space as a part of their headquarters which provides a different scene than a typical office.

Cons

Parking downtown is quite expensive if you do not live downtown. 8$ a day for a lot. That would be my only con that the company does not own a parking ramp for employees.

8641 Other Employee Reviews for Target (View Most Recent)

My second job, and probably my favorite overall.

Former Employee - Sales Floor/Backroom/Flow Team Member in Lakeland, FL
    Former Employee - Sales Floor/Backroom/Flow Team Member in Lakeland, FL

I worked at Target part-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The camaraderie and diversity in fellow employees - I've met most of my very best friends through my experiences at Target between the two different store locations that I worked at. I feel as though they're better at hiring a diverse staff than other companies. Flexible scheduling, and room to grow if you have the dedication to it.

Cons

The pay is pretty sub-par for entry level positions, and these days, even the best yearly review won't net you more than a .50 cent increase in your hourly rate.

Take plenty of time to spend with new hires, and a better bump in pay after 'good' overall annual reviews would aide in reduction of the turnover rate.

They treat their employees well, generally.

Current Employee - Cashier in Mansfield, TX
    Current Employee - Cashier in Mansfield, TX

I have been working at Target full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Good training, flexible scheduling, good educational leave of absence policy.

Cons

Redcards. They push you to push Redcards like nothing else matters. They say you can't be fired for not selling any of them, but thats a technicality. Part of the job description is accurately describing the benefits of the Redcard to all guests, and if you don't get enough Redcards they assume you aren't doing that correctly, and they are free to fire you for that.

Understand that most guests that want a Redcard already have one, and that if an employee has worked there for 6 months or more, they know to ask for Redcards. When you keep reminding them after that, it makes them think that you think they are stupid.

There are newer employer reviews for Target