There are newer employer reviews for Target

Amazing

I worked at Target

Pros

Everything at target is great. Add on a discount and it's amazing.

Cons

Barely any cons. They treat their employees right. Absolutely amazing company.

Keep it up.

8289 Other Employee Reviews for Target (View Most Recent)

Fun company, but a challenge to be noticed

Former Employee - Senior Business Analyst  in  Minneapolis, MN
    Former Employee - Senior Business Analyst in Minneapolis, MN

I worked at Target full-time for more than a year

Pros

Unlimited sick days, which is brilliant considering most people on average take less than what would otherwise be offered at other companies. It was also very easy to work remotely if need be on said sick days.

Target is very team oriented - depending on the team and division you're placed in, you could have a very terrible experience or an incredibly fun experience. You have meetings, eat lunch, and go to happy hours with your team. I didn't enjoy my training team as much and considered quitting a few times, but decided to stick it out. I'm glad I did because the team I was placed in was great and helped me build confidence in my abilities.

There is a very deep feedback culture, which I personally do enjoy. It's not easy hearing that you framed something up poorly, or that nobody could hear what you were saying because you were too quiet, but as long as they are tangible things to work on, why wouldn't you want to improve upon them? It might not be the best method for everyone, but I found it very helpful.

The division I worked in was very fun, and we frequently had FFF (fast fun and friendly) division-wide events that got us out of the office. For example, we would volunteer together, go to Twins games, or raise money for charity through a dodgeball competition. Work life balance was really great, and most people were out by noon on Fridays if there was nothing to do.

Definitely a challenging role that teaches you the ins and outs of the business. I by-passed 5 years of allocation roles in the Retail industry with my 1.5 years at Target, showing just how in-depth the training is and how transferable the skills are.

Cons

Most people that come in as a Business Analyst are very accomplished, bright, eager people, which makes it a very fun environment to work in. It also makes it incredibly difficult to stand out. You start to realize that it's not about how awesome your project it, it's about how you SELL your story to others. It becomes about who's tightest with their Director and other Managers on the floor, not necessarily who's the most accomplished.

Networking is incredibly important, and I know that's something I always needed to work on. Rubbing elbows with people I am generally not interested in getting to know does not appeal to me, and it's tiring to force it to get a promotion. I hear that there's a back-up in the pipeline and there are minimal promotions as of late, making the competition even worse.

Make an effort to hear the complaints of your direct reports, and make a conscious effort to promote positive change. There is a fit for everyone at Target, you just need to make the effort. The happier and more comfortable your team is with each other, the better they will work together. So call the babysitter and go on that all-night ragefest... your team will thank you!

Great company to work for

Former Employee - Guest Service Team Member  in  Clermont, FL
    Former Employee - Guest Service Team Member in Clermont, FL

I worked at Target part-time for more than a year

Pros

Great friendly atmosphere for a retail environment

Cons

They push sales like there is no tomorrow.

More positive reinforcement.

There are newer employer reviews for Target

Worked for Target? Contribute to the Community!