There are newer employer reviews for Target

Overall, a great experience

Former Employee - Sales Floor Team Member in Denver, CO
Former Employee - Sales Floor Team Member in Denver, CO

I worked at Target full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Inclusive culture, many advancement opportunities, very flexible for a student or a parent that might need a sudden schedule change or leave of absence, they do a decent job of making everyone (from cashiers to executives) feel heard and valued.

Cons

It depends on the individual store. Some are better run than others, obviously. Luckily transferring stores is very simple. The health benefits could definitely improve, and the discount could be better.

I have worked at MANY different stores, from the highest volume, to the lowest, in many different departments. Target has some great leaders that were willing to do things like put me on an emergency leave, no questions asked. They allowed me to CREATE a position on the sales floor that I felt was relevant to the needs of that specific location, and gave me a pretty large amount of autonomy in hammering out the core roles of that position. That really stood out to me and it would be great to see more stores allowing that kind of initiative and ownership among team members, instead of micromanaging as much as I've seen at some less-than-perfect locations.

8623 Other Employee Reviews for Target (View Most Recent)

A fairly decent place to work.

I have been working at Target

Pros

I love most of my co-workers and I love the discounts. Most Team Leads are pretty cool and understanding of guests coming in and wrecking everything in sight.

Cons

The pay is above minimum, but it's crap. And myTime is the worst thing ever created.

SCHEDULE. MORE. CASHIERS. BECAUSE. BACKING. UP. ON. REGISTER. IS. WHY. THE. ZONE. LOOKS. HORRIBLE.

Sales Floor Team Member review

Former Employee - Sales Floor Team Member in Kansas City, MO
    Former Employee - Sales Floor Team Member in Kansas City, MO

I worked at Target part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Great attitude, managers are very helpful. There were a few times I worked in other areas and that was a good change to move around.

Cons

very redundant work day. i was hoping to cashier or actually work with customers but all I did for 6 hours was fold clothes.

Stay positive and keep the open door policy in tact. If I had stayed longer I would have benefited from the promotions from within and working with higher ups, but I let after a few months due to school.

There are newer employer reviews for Target