Target

www.target.com
  www.target.com
There are newer employer reviews for Target

A different type of corporate culture

Former Employee - Business Consultant in Minneapolis, MN
Former Employee - Business Consultant in Minneapolis, MN

I worked at Target

Pros

Downtown Minneapolis location
Fast Pace - ("speed is life")
Good benefits
Fair and equitable compensation
Top performer in the retail market space

Cons

Extremely heavy on the management levels (4 layers of management between manager and VP)
Seems to lack focus and follow-through on many initiatives (projects started then abandoned)
Lack of formal project management cost accounting or ROI/ROCE validation

Overall, I believe that Target has a very talented executive management team, but I feel that Target could become MUCH more efficient and profitable if emphasis was placed on making Target Technology Services (TTS) more cost conscious.

9232 Other Employee Reviews for Target (View Most Recent)

culture is declining. the younger breed of etl's play target politics while doing quite the opposite of what they preach

Current Employee - Team Member in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Team Member in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Target

Pros

when the atmosphere is thriving in a good way we all can hold our heads up and feel good doing so, team members and leads care and love what we do. etl's encourage you to be global and your equals try and train you to speak politically correct when addressing work, but think like you. the diverity is good as well

Cons

not enough recognition for the back bones of thir company, etl's that are only looking to advance and own their own store passivley or activley encourage outragous behavior such as being cut thoat, dshonest, flat out rude, and hot and cold wk relationships. overall, target doesnt care about their team member, leads,or senior teamleads and the quality of happiness among us, its all about the numbers. if you advance and make more than their outside "educated" etls who dont know what it is to be a member and not a superior, and you stay with the company, then they will find any reason to put the screws to you.

etl's you put your pants on just the same as the rest of the world, you are never going to be better than anyone else weather you have advanced or you hav been dishonest or power hungry,no matter how much documentation you can pull out of the wood wrks, no matter how well you play target politics... or even if you have afforded a 4 yr dergee or have been afforded your degree. the fact is when you talk peope like they are the ones who are incompetent and u neglect the fact that most of usare working n our 4 yr degree, we see the stupidity and dishonest beings that target prefers to promote. you are not to mighty to speak or answer quesions. im not saying to be emotional but i am saying dont be a bad robot...

work with smart people in all areas of company, but very cliquey. Not enough say in your own career development

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Target

Pros

corporate values are reflected in everything the company does, ability to identify and tackle interesting problems and have access to the resources needed to solve them

Cons

there is significant job movement for which you are often not consulted. If you do not fit into the "mold" or belong to the "cliques", you are often overlooked and feel as if you don't belong. The environment is too corporate and could relax. Middle management is not empowered enough.

Respect the diverse experiences your team members bring and don't teach/guide them to all "fit into the same mold". This diversity is what truly makes up a unique workforce. Helping somebody to be great isn't always about focusing on what they don't do well, it's about focusing on what they DO well and making that stronger.

There are newer employer reviews for Target