There are newer employer reviews for Target

Ups and downs

Current Employee - Overnight Logistics Team Member in Denton, TX
Current Employee - Overnight Logistics Team Member in Denton, TX

I have been working at Target

Pros

Great people! I know every person I work with by name and everyone knows mine. Its like a huge family. I feel satisfied walking in to work every night.

Extra 2 dollar an hour shift differential.

Medical ,dental, health!

Cons

The process to remove people from employment is far to long. They have to really try to be fired and then still they are able to work for about 2+ month before they finally are let go. I understand the process is there for a reason but at times it is far to long.

My schedule will be the same for 2-3 month then all of a sudden change with no reason.

The backroom PDA system needs a few upgrade to help team members out. Like a simple calculator. People at my store tend to guess and throw counts way off. So when entering quantity it would be nice to be able to enter something like "calc 23*8" and it input 184 as the quantity.

8613 Other Employee Reviews for Target (View Most Recent)

Target is a great place to work

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at Target

Pros

Target is a well structured company with high expectations and standards.

Cons

You work long hours and extremely hard at Target. Even though Target promotes work/life balance, there is not much room for it.

Continue promoting work/life balance by providing more labor in the stores so ETLs do not have to work 10 to 12 hours per day. Also, provide your ETLs with a better bonus structure as well as a better ETL recogntion program. Provide opportunities for advancement.

Internship Overview

Former Employee - Human Resources Intern in Minneapolis, MN
    Former Employee - Human Resources Intern in Minneapolis, MN

I worked at Target

Pros

I experienced 2 summers of internships with Target Corporation. It was a great experience that allowed for exposure the organizational structure, career opportunities, realistic work-life, life in Minnesota, and numerous other aspects. During the 10 week internship each intern (regardless of pyramid [division] focus) works on a project to present at the end of the summer. The project often times allows for interns to experience work within the organization while simultaneously connecting and working collaboratively with other team members. Interns can either have individual or group oriented projects (mine were both individual). There was also the opportunity to complete extra work and potential contribute to extra initiatives while trying to complete your project. One of the best aspects of the company was the culture of innovation; they encouraged cross-divisional collaboration and initiatives. Additionally, they have a good balance of professional development, networking, internal-organizations, extra events, and community service. Overall, this was an amazing place to work and was a perfect cultural fit! If you like fast-paced, "fast, fun and friendly" work places with driven professionals then definitely look into opportunities with Target at its headquarters.

Cons

With any extremely dynamic environment comes turbulence. Fortunately, the internship period does not allow individuals to get sucked into typical politics and drama of the work place. I've heard that, like any company, Target HQ is a very small community and gossip is prevalent. Nevertheless, it is known that "perception is reality", and it is critical to be cognizant of how you manage yourself and how you're being perceived. Essentially, it can work for or against you; you just have to be strategic about all interactions and communications.

Networking and open communication are extremely encouraged at the organization. During my internship I felt comfortable to not only communicate with my Managers and Directors, but I also connected/networked with Vice Presidents and Presidents within the company.

There are newer employer reviews for Target