Target

www.target.com

Ups and downs

Current Employee - Overnight Logistics Team Member  in  Denton, TX
Current Employee - Overnight Logistics Team Member in Denton, TX

Pros

Great people! I know every person I work with by name and everyone knows mine. Its like a huge family. I feel satisfied walking in to work every night.

Extra 2 dollar an hour shift differential.

Medical ,dental, health!

Cons

The process to remove people from employment is far to long. They have to really try to be fired and then still they are able to work for about 2+ month before they finally are let go. I understand the process is there for a reason but at times it is far to long.

My schedule will be the same for 2-3 month then all of a sudden change with no reason.

The backroom PDA system needs a few upgrade to help team members out. Like a simple calculator. People at my store tend to guess and throw counts way off. So when entering quantity it would be nice to be able to enter something like "calc 23*8" and it input 184 as the quantity.

Other reviews for Target

Good college work experience

Current Employee - Business Analyst Intern  in  Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - Business Analyst Intern in Minneapolis, MN

Pros

Competitively paid experience
    Opportunity for future employment after graduation
    Learn the job before accepting a full-time offer
    Focus on development by all co-workers and managers

Cons

Grapevine gossip prevelant
    Higher-ups unwilling to consider advice from those lower on the totum pole
    HR ineffective and unable to take action when necessary

While great that time is taken to address issues, it is almost more important to allow those affected to have input and an opportunity to learn why certain methods or opinions were formulated.

Internship Overview

Former Employee - Human Resources Intern  in  Minneapolis, MN
    Former Employee - Human Resources Intern in Minneapolis, MN

Pros

I experienced 2 summers of internships with Target Corporation. It was a great experience that allowed for exposure the organizational structure, career opportunities, realistic work-life, life in Minnesota, and numerous other aspects. During the 10 week internship each intern (regardless of pyramid [division] focus) works on a project to present at the end of the summer. The project often times allows for interns to experience work within the organization while simultaneously connecting and working collaboratively with other team members. Interns can either have individual or group oriented projects (mine were both individual). There was also the opportunity to complete extra work and potential contribute to extra initiatives while trying to complete your project. One of the best aspects of the company was the culture of innovation; they encouraged cross-divisional collaboration and initiatives. Additionally, they have a good balance of professional development, networking, internal-organizations, extra events, and community service. Overall, this was an amazing place to work and was a perfect cultural fit! If you like fast-paced, "fast, fun and friendly" work places with driven professionals then definitely look into opportunities with Target at its headquarters.

Cons

With any extremely dynamic environment comes turbulence. Fortunately, the internship period does not allow individuals to get sucked into typical politics and drama of the work place. I've heard that, like any company, Target HQ is a very small community and gossip is prevalent. Nevertheless, it is known that "perception is reality", and it is critical to be cognizant of how you manage yourself and how you're being perceived. Essentially, it can work for or against you; you just have to be strategic about all interactions and communications.

Networking and open communication are extremely encouraged at the organization. During my internship I felt comfortable to not only communicate with my Managers and Directors, but I also connected/networked with Vice Presidents and Presidents within the company.

There are newer employer reviews for Target.

Worked for Target? Contribute to the Community!