There are newer employer reviews for Target

Great

Current Employee - Sales Floor in Buena Park, CA
Current Employee - Sales Floor in Buena Park, CA

I have been working at Target

Pros

The job was great, I really enjoyed working in the electronics department. I got to talk to people about video games and electronics all day.

Cons

The only problem I really had was working in Toys would get a little messy, I would at times have 7 carts of toys to put back during Christmas time. But the higher ups knew it was a large job and they wouldn't expect you to finish it by yourself

Advice to Management

I was pretty happy with the management they all seemed to be pretty fair, at times they could be a little intimidating but most of the time they were great

reviews filtered by
  1. Work in this current economy .

Current Employee - Store Facilities Technician in South Lebanon, OH
    Current Employee - Store Facilities Technician in South Lebanon, OH

I have been working at Target

Pros

The people are of like mind and good people; a lot of which are older team members who all have a mutual respect for each other.

Cons

Work schedules for most workers is part-time with all sorts of changing hours. The company utilyzes this process to weed out employees that may not fit or don't like to work.

Advice to Management

Please open up more upward paths for seasoned, experienced talent to balance out the development and management goals of the company.

2. Fast, Fun and Friendly

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Woodbridge, VA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Woodbridge, VA

I have been working at Target

Pros

Target is a vibrant company to work for, I like the blend of fun and service the company adopted. Team members are great and there is never a dull moment.

Cons

If there is a downside to working at Target, it is the pressure to succeed and best the company's previous year average in sales.

Advice to Management

At Target, the leadership needs to get to know the team members more and not just the leaders. Leaders who visit stores should visit with the team members who do not have "leader" attached to their title.

There are newer employer reviews for Target