Working at Target was one of the best job experiences I ever had.

Former Employee - Senior Team LEader  in  Kalamazoo, MI
Former Employee - Senior Team LEader in Kalamazoo, MI

I worked at Target

Pros

Target allows you to own your own training and you are empowered to grow and learn as much as you are willing. I was able to take additional leadership opportunities and was constantly challenged. Work was never boring as long as I challenged myself. The pay and benefits were good. Feedback was constant, not just annually.

Cons

It is rare to be promoted internally to get to an executive position or higher. Most salaried positions are filled externally.

Other Reviews for Target

Full of Potential

Current Employee - Flow Team Member  in  West Sacramento, CA
    Current Employee - Flow Team Member in West Sacramento, CA

I have been working at Target

Pros

Flexible hours, diverse work environment and friendly people

Cons

Corporate Jobs centered around MN

A bunch of fresh out of college senior level management!!!

Former Employee - Guest Service Team Member - Cashier  in  Palm Harbor, FL
    Former Employee - Guest Service Team Member - Cashier in Palm Harbor, FL

I worked at Target

Pros

Team Member discount of 10% off on store merchandise.
    Friendly peers (same level employees)
    Ability to create relationship with store guests - that recognize you based on their frequency of shopping at the store.

Cons

-Management is hired from career fairs; in which most are 21-22 years of age and have little experience in the retail or management field.
    -It seems that management focuses more on what you are doing wrong; than what you are doing right. Which means that their recognition program is very weak.
    -Promotions are very slim. You can work day in and day out; and only be criticized for what wasn't done right.
    -Management finds employees that are hard working; and brain-wash them into believing that they will be promoted and tell them "This captainship will help with your development; and when it comes time for an interview - you will have great stories during the interview" And once you go to these interviews; they only tell you that your hardwork hasn't yet paid off.

There is a huge laundry-list of my disappointments of this company and I hope that the CEO and management will listen to their employees based off the "opinion survey" conducted annually and actually implement what their employees are saying.

There are newer employer reviews for Target.

Worked for Target? Contribute to the Community!