There are newer employer reviews for Target

I would have to say working at Target is worse than attending high school (when it comes to pettiness and rumors).

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Depew, NY
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Depew, NY

I have been working at Target

Pros

The best (and only) pro about working at Target would have to be the rate of pay (for team leads, that is).

Cons

Their hours given to employees are not to good unless it is the holiday season. Also, there are always rumors being spread and "favorites" being chosen for positions.

My advice to management would be to hire people for positions if you know they can do the job. If their interviewing skills are not the best, so what! As long as you know that they are able to perform a job, then they should be allowed to do it without having to go through 5 interviews for a team lead position. Also, ETLs should do just as much work as team members do. They need to lead by example and stop sitting in the break room eating all day long.

8231 Other Employee Reviews for Target (View Most Recent)

Great Company, Poor Management

Current Employee - Group Leader  in  Tyler, TX
    Current Employee - Group Leader in Tyler, TX

I have been working at Target

Pros

Target on paper is a fanastic place to work, has a solid mission statement and as a company is truly dedicated to its employees and guests. The company has a fantastic compensation package, combined with opportunities to grow if you are visible.

Cons

The Tyler, TX distribution center is poorly managed starting from the top. The senior executive team is largely inexperienced and very reflective of small town Texas. The distribution center tends to favor hiring either ex military as is shown in the senior leadership there, or right out of college with little experience so as to grow the new employee in to a blind follower. Outside experience and advice is not appreciated and can severely hinder your growth.

Decent

Current Employee - Hardlines Team Member  in  Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Hardlines Team Member in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Target

Pros

The team members are nice, get along well and work together to get things done. Target cares about being a fair place to work, and making sure everyone takes their full lunches and breaks.

Cons

It doesn't feel like my superiors have time to train me further than what I received during my initial day of training. I feel my potential is being wasted a bit, and that I could be a more helpful abd productive team member if only my leaders would challenge me or give me more responsibility.

Ask questions of team members at huddles- does everyone know how to print labels? Does everyone know how to look for multiple locations? Explain how PTM works, what POGs are, etc. There are a lot of little things that everyone should know and don't.

There are newer employer reviews for Target

Worked for Target? Contribute to the Community!