Target
3.2 of 5 6,687 reviews
www.target.com Minneapolis, MN 5000+ Employees

Target is a great place to work if you are willing to devote endless hours working, and kiss up to the DTL and above.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Austin, TX

I worked at Target

ProsPay, Promotions, Development while you are "hot", fast-paced environment, A Leader in Retail keeping ahead of the curve, Great Training

ConsTarget is not a place to work if you have kids and a family- or if you just want work/life balance. It is clear that the people who advance are those that devote endless hours and can change their schedule at a drop of a dime (over and over). The people who work 60 plus hours a week are thought highly of and those that are able to lead teams to be successful in a normal time are expected to work extra hours to help out struggling workcenters (constantly). Also, it is an environment of kissing up and political games. If you want to advance on performance- pick a different employer.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake feedback from teams seriously. The STL is not always right. Dig deeper. Take Integrity Hotline calls more seriously. Walk the walk- don't just give advice that you yourself never follow. Promotions should be performance based- not just time commitment.

So, So experience at Target

Softlines (Former Employee)
San Jose, CA

I worked at Target

Pros: You're always meeting new people, if you need to pick up hours they will almost always… Cons: There are so many managers so it's hard to communicate. One tells you one thing, and when another manager comes on they'll tell you another.… Advice to Senior Management: Management need to learn how to communicate better with one another. They should actually… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

So concerned about the customer, forgets about the employee.

Sales Floor Team Member (Current Employee)
Evansville, IN

I have been working at Target

Pros: Benefits are OK; Sometimes, there are a variety of things one can… Cons: I absolutely hate that if you close the store, you must stay until everything is… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Target.

Worked for Target? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Target reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Target CEO Gregg W. Steinhafel. All reviews posted anonymously by Target employees.