Tata Consultancy Services

www.tcs.com
There are newer employer reviews for Tata Consultancy Services

TCS means Crowd

I worked at Tata Consultancy Services

Pros

I was with TCS for 2 years. Only good thing I found out was the flexible work timing. If there is no work and your manager is good enough to understand that then you can leave early. No need to stay to complete 9-10 hours in office.

Cons

1. Its like railway platform. popluation in TCS is proportional to population in INDIA.You go to cafetaria,library,restroom..anywhere ..it will be queue.
2.Salary will go down if your current rating is lower than the last year's rating.So mostly people are happy with average rating. Most of the people dont want to perform due to this. People are scared if they are out of project or join a new project , their rating will for sure go down, so always maintain an average rating
3.If your project got change or u fall on bench just before the appraisel cycle , you will get minimum rating and you cant question that.
4.If you want to clear a certification and want it get remiumbursed by compnay, then better dont take it.
5.People at higher level are present due to number of years they spent in TCS not because of any skills.
6. Old running applications. Internal portal does not work anywhere else except on particular IE version.
7.In my project there were 200 people and only 4 speaker phones were present. So people use to locked it in the drawer before they go home so that next day they can start the call without any delay. It was understood that no need to complain this to manager becuase it does not matter.

Nothing can be done. Run it as long as it goes

8694 Other Employee Reviews for Tata Consultancy Services (View Most Recent)

First job in TCS

Current Employee - Assistant Systems Engineer in Mumbai (India)
    Current Employee - Assistant Systems Engineer in Mumbai (India)

I have been working at Tata Consultancy Services full-time (less than an year)

Pros

At tcs, I found a very good working environment, helpful colleagues. They also inculcating good work ethics in freshers.

Cons

One of the biggest problem is that of the ever increasing bench strength at tcs.

its all depends on project

Current Employee - ASE in Hyderābād (India)
    Current Employee - ASE in Hyderābād (India)

I have been working at Tata Consultancy Services full-time (more than an year)

Pros

good working culture
    job surity
    thats all

Cons

poor appraisal criteria
    sometimes people get decrements too

please recruit and judge people on the basis of their intelligence.

There are newer employer reviews for Tata Consultancy Services