There are newer employer reviews for Tata Consultancy Services

I feel lucky being a part of TATA.It is a awesome experience

Current Employee - Assistant Systems Engineer Trainee in Gāndhīnagar, Gujarat (India)

I have been working at Tata Consultancy Services full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Great Start .Promising Future.Great environment for working.

Cons

Not available yet. as we are just a trainee

8197 Other Employee Reviews for Tata Consultancy Services (View Most Recent)

TCS@GE System Engineer - A Managment Company , not a Technical Company

Current Employee - Systems Engineer in Mumbai (India)
    Current Employee - Systems Engineer in Mumbai (India)

I have been working at Tata Consultancy Services full-time (more than an year)

Pros

THough Little , as per my observations in my Period with them , trying to list down all
    1) Gym Library, etc.
    2) Felt HR peoplr are good. Not their Poicies Though. Ya but 1 Month Notice Period Rocks.
    3) Timing FLexibility.
    4) Very Processed Oriented (This is a +ve as well as -ve point as they are not reviced sa per requirements and hamper delivers and employees badly many times, have Seens it)
    5) They try follow eco friendly Behaviour which is a Good Thing .
    6) Good Canteen (even though I found Cockrache once in my Food).

Cons

Lol. Actallyy, Starting with the Efficeny of the Company..
     1) 2,50,000 employees ---> Revinue - 10billlion $ , Pretty less as compared to other companies having the same emloyees having the same Reviinue or having the same Number of Empoyees.(compare Capgimine , accenure, sapient, etc... ) --> this is a serious point for increments. (5%<anually in an Avg.)
    2) Very Opaque Management.. Stonch for Clients requirements/deadlines (which is good though) but they are all unrealistic (80% times) and hence not met but still developers / employees are under tremendious pressure for delivery of the same (week end offices)
    3) BIGGEST DRAWBACK - Non Techniical Management. Plus No Good Technical Resources arround , Event for Large Bigger Critical and Complex Projects, (Evey thngings gets Screwed up, badly, seen this everywhere in TCS)). Hence Less Learning Curce Even in Good Projects.
    EG: Project Involving Spring, Hibernate, Etc, there will be java people who are not aware of this, except 1-2 out of 10 odd folks).
    4)Non Approchable Manageents. No Need to Say, new/High Pressure on People who are SE, ASE ITA, hence So High Iteration RATE.
    (2,00,000 Empliyees Lefy in 2012, AS per My Calculations, surprising)

5) Serouly No Technical Growth.. Good For People Who want to Do MBA and stuffs, Not Good To Learn Technical stuffs as I have Seens 5-6 Years Resource Groomed by TS Screwing up Good Codes and THen People WHo Join as Latterals(from Other Comapnies) Doing Better job then them consistently.

6)No Transort Facility Even During Emergencies When We were Ordered to Be Present that day in office (Risk To Employees.)

Need Good Technicla Maagement in a Technilogy Company As Such. Then See How the Revenues Shoots up from 10 billion $. THis was on a Serious to increase Productivity.

Mediocrity at its peak

I have been working at Tata Consultancy Services

Pros

safe as govt job, red tapism, groupism, very possible ism ,.

Cons

the cons are the pros,.

shut the crap