There are newer employer reviews for Tata Consultancy Services

Working for TCS

Current Employee - Senior Software Developer in Santa Clara, CA
Current Employee - Senior Software Developer in Santa Clara, CA

I have been working at Tata Consultancy Services full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Great Consulting company. Managers are always present and willing to listen and help how ever it is possible. I worked for different Consulting companies, but all of them are not comparable with TCS.

Cons

The hierarchy within the clients account are good defined, but the communication between the higher hierarchy within TCS client account and hiring managers is not good enough. Most of the time the program managers are deciding if the candidate should/shouldn't work at the project, although the hiring manager and the team interviewed you and want you to work within the team.

More transparency in the sub-hierarchy (program manager - candidate - hiring manager)

reviews filtered by
  1. Great people and culture

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lexington-Fayette, KY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lexington-Fayette, KY

I have been working at Tata Consultancy Services full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The people I work with are great and management is very responsive to any work/life balance needs.

Cons

I'm sure this could vary by location, but the worst I have to say is that the online tools such as ttime entry and evalutations leaves a lot to be desired. I've never seen any such tools that were great, so this is common from my perspective.

Continue to be understanding of work/life balance needs. If there were anything else I would suggest is to open communication lines just a bit on any advancement opportunities or opportunities in other locations that might be of interest to an employee.

2. I worked with the best co-workers and learned so much about travel with TATA.

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Milton, FL
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Milton, FL

I worked at Tata Consultancy Services full-time (less than a year)

Pros

good benefits and pay great bosses

Cons

some hours of work were inconvenient to my schedule.

Keep doing a great job.