Tata Consultancy Services

www.tcs.com
  www.tcs.com
There are newer employer reviews for Tata Consultancy Services

the experience has been good

I have been working at Tata Consultancy Services

Pros

good working culture in the company

Cons

average salary at offshore and onsite

8694 Other Employee Reviews for Tata Consultancy Services (View Most Recent)

I have had a good experience at TCS. They do tend to micromanage/over metric everything.

Current Employee - Functional Consultant in Midland, MI
    Current Employee - Functional Consultant in Midland, MI

I have been working at Tata Consultancy Services full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Relaxed and pretty standard hours.

Cons

Micromanagement and an abundance of over reporting to management. IE. Daily metrics and such. Feel like a number sometimes.

None.

Great place to work if you like doing nothing and you don't want to advance your career.

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Milford, OH
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in Milford, OH

I worked at Tata Consultancy Services full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Steady paycheck and you probably won't be fired unless you really mess up.

Cons

There is a lot of down time at the Milford, OH office. I'm pretty sure TCS Milford wouldn't gain any new clients if they were allowed to see what actually goes on in the areas of the building they aren't taken to. The management will even ask employees to occupy desks along the client tour route in order to make it seem like there is actually work going on.

Advancement within the company isn't based on ones skills or hard work. A lot of the people that are in management positions at TCS Milford are pretty much just suck ups. The employees with best skill sets and education don't stay with company for long because they know their careers will not go anywhere by staying with the company.

The project managers are always shipped here from India. It seems as though they don't trust the local hires with project management. These managers prefer to give any important work to their Indian co-workers. So basically don't expect to be assigned any challenging work if you're a local hire.

Also, don't expect to receive a higher salary if you have a graduate degree. You'll receive the same salary as the other members of the batch of new hires that you're in. Also, don't expect a raise if you complete a graduate degree after you've joined the company.

Treat your employees with more respect. All of us have gone to college and have worked very hard to earn our degrees. Therefore we'd like to work for a company where we're not treated like idiots.

Have some more faith in your local hires. Just because the local hires aren't Indian doesn't mean their not capable of doing software development or any other task for that matter.

Promote people based on their skills and hard work. Not on how well they're able to suck up to you.

Also, focus more on hiring qualified people instead of hiring every person you talk to at a job fair. But I forgot that you're just concerned about meeting a quota in order to receive a tax break from Ohio.

There are newer employer reviews for Tata Consultancy Services