There are newer employer reviews for Tata Steel

Learnt manifold activities of plant function as well as outside as General Administration & Personnel.

Former Employee - Glassdoor Opportunity in Patna, Bihar (India)
Former Employee - Glassdoor Opportunity in Patna, Bihar (India)

I worked at Tata Steel full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great organizational culture, spirit of innovation, professionalism that characterizes it's firm and employees.Having own captive facilities like township, amenity and fringe benefits.

Cons

There was the largest question on Town Lighting in Annual J DC Meeting, addressed by top Corporate Managers like MD, VP, and GM etc. I was called upon then GM Town Division to see in Town Lighting. This was a special assignment to me. The complaints lodged were very large and was remain unattended. People on phone and personally coming, a few of them were with hurl abuses and threats if their complaints are not met with. I stayed there for a month and submitted a written report on how to overpower the situation. In my statement I stated to divide the area into four zones and a portion of mechanics should be deputed in each zone so as to meet the complaints in quick succession and was praised.

Advice to Management

Flexible in nature implying both structure and unstructured work environment.

Other Employee Reviews for Tata Steel

1. its good for freshers to learn every style of work. And gives help in switching

Current Employee - Senior Executive, Human Resources in Indore (India)
    Current Employee - Senior Executive, Human Resources in Indore (India)

I have been working at Tata Steel full-time (More than a year)

Pros

higher basic salaried, less competition, and nothing more to say about it, because whatever it is, they are providing employment to 700 people. so i rated neutral.

Cons

non professional atmosphere, less Gross payment, no promotions, no employee satisfaction. no employee development.

Advice to Management

ETHICS

2. It is really challenging and great environment to work with

Current Employee - Management Trainee in Jamshedpur (India)
    Current Employee - Management Trainee in Jamshedpur (India)

I have been working at Tata Steel full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

great colleagues(most of them are from iits) good work life balance promising growth

Cons

as it is a steel industry you need to work in all the tough conditions to continue your work

Advice to Management

none