There are newer employer reviews for Tata Steel

A professionally managed and ethical company"

Current Employee - General Manager in Jamshedpur (India)
Current Employee - General Manager in Jamshedpur (India)

I have been working at Tata Steel full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

A very informal working atmosphere It is possible to work your way up from trainee to CEO in the same company (eg B Muthuraman) A technically competent company but which sadly undervalues the technical people

Cons

Poor salary and underdeveloped city Tends to lose focus in good times Becoming technically weaker due to more focus on managerial competencies

Other Employee Reviews for Tata Steel

1. Good Company

Pros

Good Salary, Not much Work, Too many Holidays

Cons

The company is full of oldies,

Advice to Management

Hire new talent and Revamp the HR Policies

2. Learnt manifold activities of plant function as well as outside as General Administration & Personnel.

Former Employee - Glassdoor Opportunity in Patna, Bihar (India)
    Former Employee - Glassdoor Opportunity in Patna, Bihar (India)

I worked at Tata Steel full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great organizational culture, spirit of innovation, professionalism that characterizes it's firm and employees.Having own captive facilities like township, amenity and fringe benefits.

Cons

There was the largest question on Town Lighting in Annual J DC Meeting, addressed by top Corporate Managers like MD, VP, and GM etc. I was called upon then GM Town Division to see in Town Lighting. This was a special assignment to me. The complaints lodged were very large and was remain unattended. People on phone and personally coming, a few of them were with hurl abuses and threats if their complaints are not met with. I stayed there for a month and submitted a written report on how to overpower the situation. In my statement I stated to divide the area into four zones and a portion of mechanics should be deputed in each zone so as to meet the complaints in quick succession and was praised.

Advice to Management

Flexible in nature implying both structure and unstructured work environment.