Tate & Lyle
www.tateandlyle.com London, United Kingdom 5000+ Employees

Tate & Lyle Overview

Procurement Manager (Current Employee)
Decatur, IL

I have been working at Tate & Lyle full-time for more than 3 years

ProsStable company now that right-sizing and movement of resources from Decatur to Poland has been completed.

ConsDecatue is depressing place to work, although cost of living is very very attractive. I would call it a cultural wasteland as the nearest hot spot of intelligencia is 40 miles away in Springfield, Champaign or Bloomington.

Advice to Senior ManagementTrue-up human resource related benefits between the UK and US. There is a strong belief here in the US that UK employees are better compensated and have much better PTO policies and we in the US have to pick up the slack.

Enjoyed working at T&L...most of the time. Love/Hate relationship.

E/I Technician (Former Employee)
Loudon, TN

I worked at Tate & Lyle full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Steady and stable employment. Plenty of overtime. Opportunities for advancement. Gym on premises. Company perks...discount tickets for… Cons: Must put the company first and family second! Ridiculous rules, but not really different than any other industrial plant. Awkward shift schedule. Have… Advice to Senior Management: Do more than pay lip service to employees about concern… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Just an OK position

Process Technician (Current Employee)
Decatur, IL

I have been working at Tate & Lyle full-time for less than a year

Pros: The pay was good for the cost of living in the area but overall for the… Cons: The particular people that I worked with really did not care about the job they did. There was no way to move up. … No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Tate & Lyle.

Worked for Tate & Lyle? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Tate & Lyle reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Tate & Lyle CEO Javed Ahmed. All reviews posted anonymously by Tate & Lyle employees.