Tate & Lyle

www.tateandlyle.com
There are newer employer reviews for Tate & Lyle

Good American Manufacturer

I worked at Tate & Lyle part-time

Pros

Nice working environment. Great people. OK Salary and good benefits. You can learn a lot if you want to.

Cons

Sometimes managers aren't really technical.

52 Other Employee Reviews for Tate & Lyle (View Most Recent)

Good place for an intern to learn.

I have been working at Tate & Lyle

Pros

Quiet office space and work place is friendly and not intimidating for those seeking to gain work experience.

Cons

The interns, like in many other offices or labs, are given basic repetitive tasks, so it can seem a little redundant but it's all part of the learning process as you learn to handle working a real job.

It's been a roller coaster during my time at Tate & Lyle - a bad one!

Current Employee - Chief Sucker Ready to Jump Ship
    Current Employee - Chief Sucker Ready to Jump Ship

I have been working at Tate & Lyle

Pros

After doing some digging, you'll find a few people who are passionate about their roles and really want to make an change with the organization.

Cons

There are more downsides than upsides of working at Tate & Lyle
    1. The workload is incredibly heavy. In fact, this company takes it to the very extreme by pushing so hard with the highest of expectations without providing sufficient resources to get the work done. Needless to say, work/life balance is a HR text book term that does not exist at this company.

2. With so much shuffling going on with the company, rather than doing what's right to help the company, people are competing for position.

3. The people in leadership positions are incompetent. Totally incompetent. Or they as just power play. Either way, it's ineffective for the growth of the organization. They go around in circles expending so much time and energy from their already overworked team that nothing gets done or its done at such a low level that it's laughable

4. The pay is below industry standard. Well below industry standard. In my case, it's about 30% lower than the rest of the industry who are doing my job

Leadership team - get it together, please. You've locked employees into 2-year contracts with this move to Chicago only to treat them like crap once they've signed the contract. I've never worked for such an incompetent, unorganized company whose leadership (Director/VP level) are ego-driven maniacs who are quickly tearing down your employees morale and business faster than you can build it.

There are newer employer reviews for Tate & Lyle