Tauck World Discovery

www.tauck.com

used to be a great place

(Former Employee)

Prospto and jeans
The tauck family treat employees like family and show they care when they used to work in the office every day. Medical/Dental is good Vision is an option. The pay is decent.

ConsMany people in mgmt positions should not be there. These people drag the company down because they let anyone in those positions take over. It used to be family owned and it felt family owned. It has now become corporate and they dont care about you. If you have an opinion dont bother telling anyone. They dont want to hear it. You only have about 5 holidays.. Its all about if they like you not how much work you do. You get bonuses however the people they like get all the sales calls.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your employees and what they have to say. Not management who doesnt give a crap, except make themselves look good in your eyes. Bring the family back into the business. Dont let non family members run that company. These people you hire have no clue and dont care. You give surveys periodically but that is a waste of time because if you say anything it doesnt even get mentioned. Your true employees are the ones that have been there for years and years.

Fantastic Company

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Norwalk, CT

I have been working at Tauck World Discovery as an intern for less than a year

Pros: Everyone is extremely friendly. Quiet office. Everyone is willing to… Cons: I wish I could stay longer. Maybe payment for interns. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Travel guides care WAY more about what they want to do on trip and NOT at all what the tourists on trip want to do.

Travel Guide (Former Employee) Stamford, CT

I worked at Tauck World Discovery full-time for more than a year

Pros: Get to travel all over the world, at a big discount. Job… Cons: From middle management all the way to the CEO tolerate, even SUPPORT the travel guides (YES, the Tauck Tour travel guides) in completely changing the… Advice to Senior Management: When YOUR travel guides arbitrarily change the itinerary, DO NOT Tolerate it. Tell customer service to be kind to the customers, they are the ones… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Tauck World Discovery.

Worked for Tauck World Discovery? Contribute to the Community!