Taunton Press
www.taunton.com Newtown, CT 500 to 999 Employees

Ambitious Family-owned publisher with an interesting business niche

ProsWork/life balance is very good with normal hours, on-site restaurant and cool learning opportunities (classes in woodworking, cooking, marketing etc.). They pay well enough for the area. Taunton is doing decently in a tough industry/economy and, while not a household name, is respected in the publishing world for high quality products.

ConsNot really in the NYC/lower faifield county orbit. Small company with many long-term employees makes for a close environment (maybe that's a plus for some?).

Quality niche publisher in a tough industry

Newtown, CT

I have been working at Taunton Press full-time

Pros: Despite the awful time that the magazine industry has had since the recession, Taunton has managed to weather the storm better than others by continuing… Cons: Since the recession, the workload has increased steadily, but salaries--already… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Taunton Press

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
    Newtown, CT

I worked at Taunton Press full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: The products and people there are great. Cons: Unfortunately the publishing industry is not a healthy industry and over… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Taunton Press.

Worked for Taunton Press? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Taunton Press reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Taunton Press CEO Tim Rahr. All reviews posted anonymously by Taunton Press employees.