There are newer employer reviews for Tax Results

Caseworker

Former Employee - Case Worker  in  Clinton Township, MI
Former Employee - Case Worker in Clinton Township, MI

I worked at Tax Results as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

Coworkers were pretty good people and got to learn a lot about taxes and tax law. Somewhat flexibility with schedule.

Cons

Lack of structure and sales tactics mislead some of the clients as to believe they qualified for more than they did. Even though many customers were able to save thousands, the few that don't make sure you know about it every day with harassing phone calls and emails. The employees are paid as contractors instead of payroll, There aren't any insurance or retirement benefits included.

Add staff, make sales staff accountable for retrieving all forms for filing taxes, change the guarantee to getting clients complaint, not lowering liability. Also, train staff on taxes. Put employees on payroll.

2 Other Employee Reviews for Tax Results (View Most Recent)

A unique opportunity that I will miss.....

Former Employee - Case Analyst  in  Clinton Township, MI
    Former Employee - Case Analyst in Clinton Township, MI

I worked at Tax Results full-time for more than a year

Pros

The best part about the job was helping troubled taxpayers alleviate their problems with the IRS. Don't get me wrong, everyone needs to take part in paying tax (I believe equally) but because of the disorganization of the Internal Revenue Service and their payment/collection practices it is very easy to get in trouble and develop a debt. Without a fresh start, settlement or resolution of those problems wage garnishments, Bank Levy, Tax Liens and Property seizures can be absolutely crippling. The collection efforts just seemed counter productive; they seemed as though they would force people out of work. So as I said, working at Tax Results was a unique experience to help people get out from under their Tax Debt and move on with life. PS- The company has moved from their Mount Clemens location to Clinton Township (A few miles down the road) Unfortunately my spouse was transferred out of state; I hope to find another company like this one for employment.

Cons

I really didn't find to many downsides with Tax Results. The hardest part was listening to all of the hardships from the callers. So many of them had major tax problems that could have been avoided for one reason or another; many of them knew about the problems for years and would act on fixing the problem until it was really to late. Many of them where very stressed out and often times angry, some would cry. So hearing the distress & hardships day after day was difficult at times.... You can't help but feel bad about it.

Keep working! The constant press you guys made to improve everything was outstanding. I think you guys might need to consider expanding your square footage a little if you haven't already. Maybe make it casual attire? After all, it is very seldom that client actually come into the office.

There are newer employer reviews for Tax Results

Worked for Tax Results? Contribute to the Community!