There are newer employer reviews for Taycor Financial

Taycor Financial Review - Marketing & Operations Intern

Current Employee - Marketing & Operations Intern  in  Los Angeles, CA
Current Employee - Marketing & Operations Intern in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Taycor Financial as an intern for less than a year

Pros

I started working here in October 2012 and I feel that I have learned more here than all of my previous internships combined! Many of the concepts I learned in my business classes have transferred over to my work at Taycor, which has helped me in school and at work. My work at Taycor consists of PR writing, SEO, filtering through leads, recruitment, data entry, market research, payroll taxes, submitting credit packages, analyzing credit, processing payments, and updating accounting records. I am always doing different things so my job never gets boring. Such a wide variety of tasks also allows me to become familiar with many of the different areas in a business including accounting, finance, and marketing.

In addition, my boss is very flexible and understands that I am a busy college student with many assignments and deadlines. Taycor allows me to take a day off if I have a final or need to study for a big test. This has really helped me to successfully balance school and work.

Cons

Everything was a little difficult for me at first because I was not used to some of the tasks I was being asked to perform. For example, in my first month of work I was asked to complete payroll taxes, submit credit packages to lenders, process payments, and update accounting records. It was kind of like being thrown in with the sharks but I believe it really helped me become a quick learner and better listener. After some practice, I was able to successfully complete everything on my own.

11 Other Employee Reviews for Taycor Financial (View Most Recent)

A Company that Continues to Build Strong Client Relationships

Current Employee - Funding Manager  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Funding Manager in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Taycor Financial full-time

Pros

I've been the Funding Manager at Taycor for quite some time now and can honestly say that one of the greatest feelings of success occur when we've finished funding a deal and the same customer comes back to work with us again and again and again. Taycor actively pursues customer satisfaction and is able to maintain strong and lasting relationships like I've never seen anywhere else. The atmosphere of the office is so friendly and everyone works together with a common goal in mind which is inevitably to make our clients happy. I've never been a part of such a supportive group of individuals who all work so hard to complete the work on their desk while also reaching out to help each other in any way possible.

Cons

The office temperature tends to fluctuate aggressively. It could be over 100 degrees outside but I'll need a coat when I walk into the office. We also tend to run out of paper cups quite frequently.

Constructive criticism and advice for growth is always desired.

Summer Intern Experience

Former Employee - Summer Intern  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Summer Intern in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Taycor Financial full-time for less than a year

Pros

I’ve worked for Taycor Financial for five months as a summer intern from Germany. Working here has been a great experience for me especially to gain some insight into the industry and learn about the cultural differences in working here and in Germany. The office environment was very friendly and all the people working here were very supporting and helpful. The intimate size of the office helped me to get in touch with everyone. I got the opportunity to work in different departments of the company e.g. the marketing and the credit department. Through that I was able to get a broad range of experience. Although I was only an intern the management gave me responsibilities and therefore I really learned a lot which I can also apply in my future.

Cons

Of course there were sometimes very repetitive tasks but especially for me that was very helpful as I was able to improve my English this way. Overall I had a very good experience working here in The United States in this company and I would definitely do it again.

There are newer employer reviews for Taycor Financial

Worked for Taycor Financial? Contribute to the Community!