Taylor Corporation

There are newer employer reviews for Taylor Corporation

Thinking Small

Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Chicago, IL
Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Chicago, IL

I worked at Taylor Corporation full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

As a group of independently run companies, a Taylor company has a small company , close to the market feel.. Initiative can build bridges between companies and leverage technology.

Cons

Some market segments are very slow growth.

Keep your standards high

50 Other Employee Reviews for Taylor Corporation (View Most Recent)

Do not work for this company!! You will get farther working for McDonald s!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in North Mankato, MN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in North Mankato, MN

I have been working at Taylor Corporation part-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Nice People to work with on a daily basis, at my building the people are for the most part easy to work with.

Cons

This company makes sure you know that you are totally replaceable, there is someone else out there who can do your job just as good as you so don't feel useful. I have been crapped on by this company too many times to count. Examples...I took a new position in my building and I was promised a PAID maternity leave more than 10 times buy 4 high up people and then once I took/created this position I was told, "ohh I am sorry you actually don't qualify for a maternity leave I guess I just forgot about that...." So after working for this company almost 6 years I had an unpaid maternity leave and my husband and I couldn't make ends meet because my child legally couldn't go to daycare until 6 weeks. We couldn't even buy food, we litteraly ate cereal for breakfast lunch and dinner!!! And my job is part time...but every week I punch out with no less than 36 hours! And I only get PTO based on the 6 months I have been doing this job not the 6 years I have been working for this same building!

Pay your staff a fair wage, a 20 cent raise for a year doesn't cut the bacon! How about Glen Taylor sells the stupid Timber wolves and the Lynx and give those MILLIONS of dollars to his employees that actually work hard and earn their money by working hard not playing with a basket ball. The pay for his employees is a joke! He had a wage freeze for the whole company but yet at the same time he will give MILLIONS to basketball players that suck!!! Most of his employees cant pay their bills and are living in poverty!!!!

Depressing Job

Former Employee - Production Worker in North Mankato, MN
    Former Employee - Production Worker in North Mankato, MN

I worked at Taylor Corporation full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Fast paced if you like to stay busy
    Fellow employee relationships

Cons

Management, management, management!! The management lies from what their expectations are, to what they will pay you. You feel like you're always given more and more and more, and then compensation is less and less and less. They treat employees as though they are worthless idiots, despite the valuable work they have contributed to helping the company succeed.

Appreciate the work employees do, and quit acting like slave drivers.

There are newer employer reviews for Taylor Corporation