Awesome place to work!

Former Employee - Buyer/Purchasing Agent
Former Employee - Buyer/Purchasing Agent

I worked at Taylor-Guitars full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Innovative, great team and family atmosphere, free onsite chiropractor, espresso machines, management cares about their employees, end of year bonuses, fun atmosphere.

Cons

Getting docked for being 5 minutes late. This was obviously my fault, not the employers.

Other Employee Reviews for Taylor-Guitars

1. Buffing Robot Operator amongst many other side jobs

Former Employee - Buffing Robot Operator in El Cajon, CA
    Former Employee - Buffing Robot Operator in El Cajon, CA

I worked at Taylor-Guitars (More than 5 years)

Pros

Everyone there was extremely friendly, home away from home. The hourly pay was good and the benefits were excellent. I love to work and keep busy.

Cons

I am very unhappy for their reasons for letting me go. I don't want to harm anyone and cannot share what happened but it was unfair and, for lack of a better work, and absolutely disgusting reason.

2. Great expectations

I have been working at Taylor-Guitars full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Taylor is filled with a very talented, dedicated and driven work force. Most of the people that work here are the kind of people you want as neighbors and friends. The business is good, it's a relatively uncomplicated product that produces great revenue and is part of a market that is in the business of bringing contentment to peoples lives. There is a lot to like about certain aspects of this company.

Cons

Taylor is growing, and not wiser with age. Like many businesses that grow the company has become more focused on it's ability to sell guitars than it's ability to produce them. Management is erratic, in some groups it is absent, in others it is dictatorial. There is no consistency. Much of the entire company operates off of tribal knowledge and rarely are support needs planned for or met. If you are wanting to make a competitive wage this will not likely be the company for you.

Advice to Management

Get organized. Consider your workforce capabilities. Recognize that some people do not have the skills to manage but are great at what they do. Do this real time, nobody benefits from management dragging their feet. Become clear on your objectives, all of them and let the people who are doing the work know what those are. Value peoples skill sets and education, even if they aren't focused on Luthiery or music. For HR, recognize dysfunctional management and eliminate it before it becomes more toxic.