Teach For India

teachforindia.org

Tremendous learning at a grassroots level in the Indian education sector

Teacher (Current Employee) Mumbai (India)

Pros1.People.People.People. i.e the Fellows and Staff at Teach For India. Their energy, passion and motivation towards the cause inspires one to face the challenges of ending the educational inequity problem in the face. Every day.This teamspirit is so crucial in successful organisations.Being a young organisation, Teach For India is working hard on getting this right.

2. Life lessons and learning in classroom: Taking up the responsibilities of teaching 40+ children, who enter the school with all odds stacked up against them, is a very transformational experience. Without any doubt, this experience pushes one to the brink, stretches you beyond the limit and immerses you in the daily life of low income communities. But, by working hard, one day at a time, one child at a time, we can show that change is indeed possible. In my experience, I have gone through so much positive changes and have learnt to value people and life.

3. Opportunities to network with the best educators and social sector leaders.

4. Living and being the change as Gandhiji put it. This fellowship is built on the core values that ll help the Fellow be a transformational teacher and thus, be that person who will help the children break the cycle of poverty.

Cons1.Since this is a young organisation, some systems and processes may still be evolving or not yet in place. (For those who love taking initiatives, these are opportunities)
2. The pay might be just enough to live by and expense reimbursement might not cover all the expenses incurred in the classroom. (in this case, most fellows raise funds from friends and their network)

Advice to Senior Management1. Facilitate more sharing among Fellows and have more forums where the people can talk about their experiences, share best practices, lessons learnt and ideas for the movement to move ahead

volunteer position: positive experience

Campaign Leader (Current Employee)

I have been working at Teach For India for more than a year

Pros: I worked as a campus representative. rewarding work for a social… Cons: communication with TFI office in India is sometimes challenging with… Advice to Senior Management: None More

Summer Intern

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Teach For India

Pros: Great working environment, passionate people who are committed to the… Cons: Less face time and more working virtually Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Teach For India.

Worked for Teach For India? Contribute to the Community!