Teach for America
www.teachforamerica.org New York, NY 150 to 499 Employees

A Big Corporation, but Still a Great Opportunity

I worked at Teach for America

ProsThe students! They were a pain sometimes (everyday), but when all the bureaucratic crap from TFA started to pile up, knowing I was actually teaching my kids something made life just a little better.

ConsTFA does some good things. They did teach us some excellent teaching techniques, but at least in my region, they are not very transparent about certain less than favorable aspects from the get-go, such as the fact that even with our $11,000 educational stipend, all of us were still in debt after we were required to get our master's in education in addition to teaching.

Math Teacher

I worked at Teach for America

Pros: Challenging work, exit options (though may be overstated by org) Cons: Very tough job. Have to be very committed to succeeding. Advice to Senior Management: This organization is based on idealism, but the job is very tough and… More

Upper Management is out of touch

I worked at Teach for America

Pros: Flexible hours, with good benefits, Cons: Poor leadership and support from upper management. Decisions are made from the top down with no or little understanding… Advice to Senior Management: Open your eyes, TFA is not a county club. No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Teach for America.

Worked for Teach for America? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Teach for America reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Teach for America CEO Matthew Kramer & Elisa Villanueva Beard . All reviews posted anonymously by Teach for America employees.