Teach for America

www.teachforamerica.org
Profile Unclaimed
There are newer employer reviews for Teach for America

Even as an intern, I felt that my opinion was valued in decision-making and the work I did made an impact on campus.

Former Intern - Campus Campaign Coordinator in Rochester, NY
Former Intern - Campus Campaign Coordinator in Rochester, NY

I worked at Teach for America as an intern (less than a year)

Pros

If you care about educational inequity, there's no better place to work -- they are mission-driven and ground everything you do, even as an intern, in their mission and vision.

Cons

As a CCC, it can be hard to see how your work helps advance the cause of the organization and a large chunk of time is spent on sometimes tedious data entry and management. It's important that you care about the broader mission to stay committed to these tasks.

462 Other Employee Reviews for Teach for America (View Most Recent)

Hard but worth it.

Current Employee - Teacher in Newark, NJ
    Current Employee - Teacher in Newark, NJ

I have been working at Teach for America full-time (more than a year)

Pros

A very good job to find out what you are made of. TFA will test your limits emotionally, intellectually, and physically. This is a commitment that should not be taken lightly.

Cons

Long hours, low pay, and being disconnected from your family. There is no way to predict how your TFA experience will be until you are actually employed by a school.

Stop trying to model instructional techniques when communicating information to adults.

Corp Member, DFW region

Current Employee - Teacher in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Teacher in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Teach for America full-time (more than a year)

Pros

- You get to work with incredibly motivated and intelligent people with strong leadership qualities.
    -If you are a recent college graduate, most people are in the same age group and at the same point in their lives.
    -Extensive support and room for growth `

Cons

- Long hours, for me, due to learning how to teach during my first year teaching.
    -Possibility to be placed in a part of the country you are not comfortable in or fit in easily with.

There are newer employer reviews for Teach for America