Teach for America
www.teachforamerica.org New York, NY 150 to 499 Employees

High work, low pay, not family-friendly

Teacher (Current Employee)
Detroit, MI

ProsThey are helping me procure my teaching certificate. There are not many pros here, to be perfectly honest, not enough for a twenty word minimum! Not a great place to work.

ConsWork 70 hours a week and it's still not enough, extra requirements through TFA and U of M, as if the requirements of teaching high school math were not enough. Expected to be available with no notice whatsoever.

A beautifully wrapped package with a rotten apple inside

Corps Member (Current Employee)
    Miami, FL

I have been working at Teach for America full-time for more than a year

Pros: - good resume builder - good work experience Cons: -Cult like organizations with closed minded opinions Advice to Senior Management: Be more diverse No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

A great organization

Corps Member (Former Employee)
    New York, NY

I worked at Teach for America full-time for more than a year

Pros: TFA colleagues are smart, fun, and dedicated. The job is highly challenging and rewarding. People respect… Cons: Low pay, long hours, volatile school environment, little day-to-day appreciation at work. Not a… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Teach for America.

Worked for Teach for America? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Teach for America reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Teach for America CEO Matthew Kramer & Elisa Villanueva Beard . All reviews posted anonymously by Teach for America employees.