There are newer employer reviews for Teach for America

The best hard work I ever did

Former Employee - Operations Coordinator in Chicago, IL
Former Employee - Operations Coordinator in Chicago, IL

I worked at Teach for America full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Community Sense of empowerment Professional Development Young staff Highly motivated employees make the work place feel really productive The people working for TFA are very intelligent. Its nice to work with other people in a team when you trust their intelligence and critical thinking abilities.

Cons

Some jobs have crazy hours Working with TFA kind of invades your life. It can be hard to separate home/social life and work life, luckily the people you are working with are pretty great.

Other Employee Reviews for Teach for America

1. Even as an intern, I felt that my opinion was valued in decision-making and the work I did made an impact on campus.

Former Intern - Campus Campaign Coordinator in Rochester, NY
    Former Intern - Campus Campaign Coordinator in Rochester, NY

I worked at Teach for America as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

If you care about educational inequity, there's no better place to work -- they are mission-driven and ground everything you do, even as an intern, in their mission and vision.

Cons

As a CCC, it can be hard to see how your work helps advance the cause of the organization and a large chunk of time is spent on sometimes tedious data entry and management. It's important that you care about the broader mission to stay committed to these tasks.

2. Hard but worth it.

Current Employee - Teacher in Newark, NJ
    Current Employee - Teacher in Newark, NJ

I have been working at Teach for America full-time (More than a year)

Pros

A very good job to find out what you are made of. TFA will test your limits emotionally, intellectually, and physically. This is a commitment that should not be taken lightly.

Cons

Long hours, low pay, and being disconnected from your family. There is no way to predict how your TFA experience will be until you are actually employed by a school.

Advice to Management

Stop trying to model instructional techniques when communicating information to adults.