Teach for America
www.teachforamerica.org New York, NY 150 to 499 Employees

I work in college recruitment for this educational non-profit

Recruitment Manager (Current Employee)

ProsThe people are intelligent, passionate and incredibly hard-working. Lots of autonomy and opportunities to innovate with little oversight from management.

ConsExtreme lack of work-life balance. It's very common for people in my role to work 70-100 hours per week during our busy season, with no overtime pay.

The best hard work I ever did

Operations Coordinator (Former Employee)
    Chicago, IL

I worked at Teach for America full-time for less than a year

Pros: Community Sense of empowerment Professional Development Young staff Highly motivated employees make the work place feel really productive The people working for TFA are very… Cons: Some jobs have crazy hours Working with TFA kind of invades your life. It can be hard… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Even as an intern, I felt that my opinion was valued in decision-making and the work I did made an impact on campus.

Campus Campaign Coordinator (Former Employee)
    Rochester, NY

I worked at Teach for America as an intern for less than a year

Pros: If you care about educational inequity, there's no better place to work -- they are… Cons: As a CCC, it can be hard to see how your work helps advance the cause of the organization and a large chunk of… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Teach for America.

Worked for Teach for America? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Teach for America reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Teach for America CEO Matthew Kramer & Elisa Villanueva Beard . All reviews posted anonymously by Teach for America employees.