Teach for America
www.teachforamerica.org New York, NY 150 to 499 Employees

Wonderful, wonderful people stretched too thin

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
New City, NY

I worked at Teach for America as a contractor

ProsI worked as a seasonal phone a thon caller and was paid pretty well for the position! The interview process was a breeze; they got back to me right away when I submitted my resume and then an interview was set up very quickly, didn't take long to process my HR paperwork. They trained us well and made sure we had what we needed. I worked with two supervisors there and they were both fantastic motivators who were ever present and ready to answer any questions.

ConsThe HR system they use is ridiculous. I think this was mostly due to the fact that I was seasonal, but the process for getting into the system requires way too many steps. The lists that we used were also not updated from night to night and quite often contained incorrect information.

Advice to Senior ManagementSince the phone a thon seems like a pretty important part of the fundraising effort that TFA does, it should get more attention. There should be a separate/simpler process for callers. Maybe in addition to the callers, they could also hire a seasonal database person whose main job is to work with the lists and updates for the phone a thon callers.

Hard but worth it.

Teacher (Current Employee)
Newark, NJ

I have been working at Teach for America full-time for more than a year

Pros: A very good job to find out what you are made of. TFA will test… Cons: Long hours, low pay, and being disconnected from your family. There is no way to… Advice to Senior Management: Stop trying to model instructional techniques when communicating information to… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Corp Member, DFW region

Teacher (Current Employee)
Dallas, TX

I have been working at Teach for America full-time for more than a year

Pros: - You get to work with incredibly motivated and intelligent people with strong leadership qualities. -If you are a recent college graduate,… Cons: - Long hours, for me, due to learning how to teach during my first year teaching. -Possibility to… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Teach for America.

Worked for Teach for America? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Teach for America reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Teach for America CEO Matthew Kramer & Elisa Villanueva Beard . All reviews posted anonymously by Teach for America employees.