Teach for America

www.teachforamerica.org

Developing the "leaders" to close the achievement gap, but instead feels disorganized, disconnected, and disconnected.

ProsWhere there has been the introduction of great teachers into the profession and great leaders of schools and systems who would otherwise not have considered education, that's a benefit to the students in high needs communities who might not otherwise have access to that talent.

ConsIncestuous. Lacks understanding about developing SMART goals. At the regional level puts leaders in place who may be smart, but who are not managers and then fails to develop them. Insular -- actions demonstrate that non-alumni have little value internally or externally.

Advice to Senior ManagementLearn to manage, develop your managers, recognize that you do not know everything and that others might have valuable insight.

Impossible to train teachers so quickly.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Teach for America

Pros: If you make it through, you'll grow professionally, personally, and you will truly understand what… Cons: Soul draining, emotionally and physically taxing, and unforgiving. Make sure… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Corps Member

I have been working at Teach for America

Pros: Great job experience, applicable to any future career. Cons: Training is not sufficient to produce successful first year teachers. Must be… More
There are newer reviews on Teach for America.

Worked for Teach for America? Contribute to the Community!