Teach for America
www.teachforamerica.org New York, NY 150 to 499 Employees

Hardest thing I've ever done but most rewarding!

TFA Corps Member (Former Employee)
Charlotte, NC

I worked at Teach for America full-time for more than a year

ProsDirectly impacting the lives of others... measurable success in closing the achievement gap...Teaches leadership skills, teamwork, and other skills applicable in EVERY type of job.

ConsExperiences differ greatly based on placement schools and regions. Do some research and learn about which region is best for you. TFA is VERY data driven, so sometimes things can seem ONLY quantitative... Be prepared for A LOT of paperwork, surveys, tracking/ measurement programs, long hours, and stress.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't ask grad school or unemployed alumni for $$$

2 year teacher - lifetime experience

High School Math Teacher (Current Employee)
Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Teach for America full-time for more than a year

Pros: I was a teacher in the Metro Atlanta region: My corps experience helped me to gain a deeper understanding of the issues which are systematically holding… Cons: Incredibly hard work - don't think that you can pick up a second… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Great way to get started in education.

TFA Corps Member (Former Employee)
Boston, MA

I worked at Teach for America full-time for more than a year

Pros: TFA gives you high quality training and access to an amazing network… Cons: TFA placements are truly challenging, and sometimes the support systems don't… More

There are newer reviews on Teach for America.

Worked for Teach for America? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Teach for America reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Teach for America CEO Matthew Kramer & Elisa Villanueva Beard . All reviews posted anonymously by Teach for America employees.